Senior Object Oriented Developer
QW Page is now seeking to hire a self-motivated software developer with exposure to object-orientated design and analysis for our next phase of product development.
The successful applicant must be able to join a small team working on a large project and become productive quickly.
- Work as part of a team using established company practices for Object Oriented development.
- Ability to contribute in all phases of product cycle from requirement analysis, high and low level design and implementation, testing, bug fixing, and documentation using Tcl/Tk, C, C++
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work on various platforms and with various developer tools as supported by the product.
- Work within team structure to complete implementation of assigned features and bug fixes in required timeline.
- Provide feature unit tests and participate in group code review process as necessary.
- Work with other departments in identifying root causes of problems and potential solutions.
- Follow company standards for code documentation.
- Participate in software planning and estimating activities.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Scripting on Windows and UNIX such as AWK, tcl/tk, perl, bash, WSH, or others.
- Operating Systems – UNIX (Linux, Solaris), Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT/Comp Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial software product development (software vendor).
- Linux or Unix-based software development skills highly desired.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.