We have recently received a number of calls from NewViews 2 users who have AVG anti-virus software installed on the same computer as NV2. The latest update from AVG is incorrectly identifying NV2 software as a potential hazard. We are in communication with AVG and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, you have 2 options.
1. Create an exception for NV2
2. Whitelist NV2
As we do not use AVG, we cannot provide detailed instructions for the options above, but you should be able to find this information on the AVG website.
Please note that any time your anti-virus software displays messages or warnings, you should read them carefully before clicking “yes” or “ok” to delete files for programs you use on a regular basis.
On July 29th, 2015, Windows 10 was released. Most users currently running Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 will be offered a free to upgrade to Windows 10 during the next 12 months. After that, Microsoft will begin charging for the upgrade.
NewViews has been tested for compatibility on Windows 10, and both NV1 and NV2 work as before on Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit. There are, however, some privacy concerns to be aware of.
Microsoft would like to store your data in their cloud, and Windows 10 is designed for a mobile, cloud future. By default, Windows 10 will track and share the websites you visit, the purchases you make, the places you go and the words you type. You have the ability to control this data collection, but it takes some effort. During the Windows 10 upgrade process, you need to customize the privacy settings. If you don’t change them during the upgrade process, you can do so at the end of the upgrade. Otherwise, you will be operating with Microsoft’s default settings, which may not be as private as you would like! To adjust the privacy settings, go to “Express Settings”, where you will find several pages of options.
We suggest you search online for more information. A few recommendations are Tech Republic’s “Windows 10 violates your privacy by default” or Beta News’ “The real price of Windows 10 is your privacy”.
This service pack includes the following enhancements. You can also watch the short video below for a brief overview.
- Overnight backups of all books that are open on a NewViews Server.
- Expanded functionality of Auto-Reconcile, including improved item matching and support for OFX export formats used by Scotia Bank, HSBC Bank of Canada, Seacoast National Bank and Waycross Bank & Trust.
- July 2015 Payroll Update. This update includes tax calculations for British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Yukon in Canada, and Hawaii and Idaho in the United States.
- Minimum Rent Field (NewViews for Non-Profit Housing)
- Utilities Override Field (NewViews for Non-Profit Housing)
- Behaviour changes and bug fixes.
For a detailed description of this service pack for NV2, CLICK HERE.
For a detailed description of this service pack for NewViews for Non-Profit Housing, CLICK HERE.
NewViews and NewViews for Non-Profit Housing version 2.28 have been released.
Watch the short video below to see highlights of some of the important new features including:
- Auto Reconcile
- EFT for Pre-Authorized Deposits (PAD)
- January 2015 Payroll
- Remote Server Access
- Auto-Update Workstation from Server
- Running NewViews as a Windows Service
- Read Only User Rights (Specific Access)
- Print Notes Windows
- EFT for National Bank and Credit Unions
- Simplified Define Column Prompt
- RGI Calculator (NewViews for Non-Profit Housing)
- Personalized Forms and Notices (NewViews for Non-Profit Housing)
We are showcasing NewViews for Non-Profit Housing at the Manitoba Non-Profit Housing Association’s 3rd Annual Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba today. The conference is being held at the Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre. If you are a registered attendee please stop by our booth, we’d love to meet you!
NewViews for Non-Profit Housing was showcased at CHF Canada’s 2014 AGM in Ottawa. It was great to see such strong interest in this new product, and to have a chance to connect with so many of our loyal users. Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth!
NewViews for Non-Profit Housing is now available. To purchase this new edition, or to update from an existing version of NV1 or NV2, please contact Q.W. Page Associates Inc.
- Monthly Rent Register
- Rent and Subsidy Tracking by Unit
- Arrears Reporting
- Tenant History
- Automated HST/GST Rebate Calculations
- Purchase and Payment Requisitions
- AIR Reporting (Ontario)
Sales: (800) 267 7243
Support: (905) 946 9460
Mon - Thurs: 10 am to 6 pm
Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
Eastern Standard Time