Working for Q.W. Page Associates Inc.
Q.W. Page Associates Inc. develops next-generation technologies under the NewViews software brand, which has garnered a loyal and growing user base across North America.
In addition to our innovative accounting software products and related services, we use our expertise to innovate in several other areas. Our projects include working on advanced file systems, database management algorithms, networking, scalability, and human interface solutions to create powerful applications that enrich the user experience.
We maintain high standards for product development, technical support, and customer service, which is reflected by our excellent reputation in these areas. We invest heavily in training all our employees to ensure they continue to develop professionally while contributing outstanding value to our products and services.
We are hiring a junior Product Support Specialist who will ensure the success of NewViews software installations by delivering post-sales support and training to new and existing users. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing in-depth product expertise to customers both on-site and remotely, as well as assisting with product demos at conferences and trade shows.
- Develop deep product expertise for all NewViews products.
- Provide post-sales support to customers, respond to product questions and resolve customer issues.
- Conduct on-site and remote training sessions to educate new and existing customers on using our products.
- Promote the benefits provided by our products.
- Advocate on behalf of customers with regard to new features or enhancements to our products.
- 2 years post-secondary education in computer technology or business/accounting program.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to audiences with limited computer expertise. Software training experience considered an asset.
- Experience with business software, preferably accounting software.
- Proficiency with MS Office – Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in the non-profit housing sector is considered an asset.
- Ability to proactively assess problems and opportunities.
- Ability to conduct research, both internally and externally, to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn many new subjects quickly.
- Team player with the ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and enjoy helping others, especially under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize as required, and adapt to change.
- Monday to Thursday, 10 am to 6 pm
- Friday, 9 am to 4 pm