Payroll Downloads for NV1 (NewViews for DOS)
NV1 Payroll Updates (Canada & USA) and T4-XML Updates (Canada only) are available to registered NV1 users with a valid Payroll Plan.
2021 Canadian Payroll version 120 (effective Jan 1, 2021) for NV1 is now available. This update is required by all NV1 payroll users in Canada.
- For the 2020 tax year, the CRA has introduced additional reporting for the T4 slip. In addition to reporting employment income in Box 14 or Code 71, four other information codes 57, 58, 59 and 60 must now report employment income and retroactive payments in four periods. This leaves only two other information boxes on the T4 that can be used for reporting typical non-cash taxable benefits and other information.The CRA website provides the following notes when more than six other information codes apply:
- If more than six codes apply to the same employee, use an additional T4 slip. Do not repeat all the data on the additional slip. Enter only the employer’s name and address, the employee’s SIN and name, and fill in the required boxes in the “Other Information” area. Report each code and amount only once.
Unfortunately, NV1 is not capable of printing a second T4 for the same employee if more than six codes apply. See Info for NV1 Users for more.
2021 USA Payroll version 121 (effective Jan 1, 2021) for NV1 is now available. This update is required by all NV1 payroll users in the United States.
- This update includes revised tax tables for the following states: Arkansas, California, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Yonkers
In order to download and install your NV1 Payroll and/or T4-XML Update, you will need to know:
- Your NewViews serial number.
- The drive and directory in which your NewViews program is installed.
This information may be found by opening your books and running the SUPPORT procedure.
We recommend that you read the detailed instructions on downloading and installing your NV1 Payroll Update before beginning the process.