All NewViews Payroll users in Ontario who installed service pack 3 should install service pack 4 as soon as possible to ensure that payroll will be processed correctly as of July 1, 2018.
To download the update, click here.
NewViews 2.32 service pack 3, which was release on June 18, 2018 included personal income tax rates, brackets and surtax changes for July 1, as proposed by the Ontario Liberal government on March 28. Immediately following this release, we were notified by the Canada Revenue Agency that senior Ontario officials in the incoming government had confirmed it does not intend to proceed with changes to Ontario personal income tax rates, brackets and surtax that were presented in the 2018 Ontario Budget.
NewViews 2.32 service pack 4, which was released on June 25, reverts back to Ontario personal income tax rates, brackets and surtax as at Jan 1, 2018 as set forth in the Payroll Deductions Formulas, 108th Edition, Effective July 1, 2018, T4127JUL(E) Rev.18
IMPORTANT NOTICE! DOWNLOADS OF SERVICE PACK 3 FOR NEWVIEWS 2 AND NEWVIEWS FOR NON-PROFIT HOUSING HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED. THIS IS DUE TO CHANGES TO ONTARIO PAYROLL THAT HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED.
NewViews version 2.32.3 is now available.
To download, click here.
This release includes July 1, 2018 tax table changes for Canadian payroll (ON and PEI).
The NewViews for Non-Profit Housing edition also includes the following:
- Additional RGI Notices – Four new mail merge options and templates for:
- Notice of Rent Decrease
- Notice of Market Increase
- Notice of Market Increase (N2)
- Notice of Rent Not Changed
- Updated RGI Summary
The signature portion of the RGI Calc Summary has been updated to include the Property Administrator, and the dates each party signed the document.
For a complete list of behaviour changes and bug fixes for both NV2 and NewViews for Non-Profit Housing, click the info links on the download page.
This release only impacts NewViews for Non-Profit Housing users, who should install it at their earliest convenience. NV2 users can choose to skip this release.
To download this update, click here.
This service pack fixes the following bugs in the NewViews for Non-Profit Housing edition:
- If household income for a unit exceeds market rent, negative subsidy amounts were generated. This release fixes the bug and will automatically recalculate any RGI items that have a negative subsidy.This bug was introduced in version 2.32.0 (released February 9, 2018) and will likely only affect changes to RGI information made since February 9.
- For federally funded housing providers with final adjustments there are two bug fixes.
- The first bug, introduced in version 2.32.0 (released February 9, 2018), did not include final adjustments (if any) in the total rent calculation.
- The second bug, introduced in version 2.29.0 (released July 27, 2016), caused final adjustments (if any) to be added after the minimum/market rent calculation was made instead of before.
If you encountered the first bug you will have to manually trigger a recalculation. Note that editing an RGI item’s information will trigger an automatic recalculation. To trigger a manual recalculation without editing any data, position in the Description column of the affected RGI item and press [Esc] followed by [F5].
If you encountered the second bug you may choose to recalculate, or not. This is not a common bug and the amount of the error is less than or equal to the amount of the final adjustments.
You could recalculate now and communicate any change to the member/tenant, or you could let the RGI item stand as is and have the correction happen automatically next time a change to the member/tenant RGI information occurs.
NewViews version 2.32 is now available. To download, click here. To see a short demo of two great new features provided in this version – Print Journal Transactions and Pin Default View – please watch the short video below. Note that this version also includes updated US Payroll for 2018.
In addition to the two new features mentioned above, NewViews for Non-Profit Housing also provides the following enhancements: A new Tools>Populate Utilities command, an updated RGI Calc Window Tab and Printout, and the ability to enter deposit amounts directly on the RGI, Rent Summary or RGI, Rent Detail view of a table of member/tenant accounts.
NewViews version 2.31.4 which includes 2018 payroll, is now available.
To download, click here.
Payroll for the year 2018 for Canada has been released on Monday December 18, 2017.
NV1 payroll updates are available from the download page.
NewViews version 2.31 service pack 3 in now available. This service pack includes the following:
- Block close balance forward script
- Connection monitor displays megabytes.
- Several Problems/Bug FixesThe NewViews service could silently hang and not restart.
Investigation revealed that the service could hang when the service port (usually 7890) was accessed by an unauthorized outside entity, whether inadvertantly, or due to a hacking attack on the port. Normally when a bug is detected in the service, the service will restart and workstations are notified that their connections are lost. In this particular problem the service was not restarted and the workstations were not notified. All NewViews processes appeared to hang.
Steps have been taken so that the service will ignore and survive such unauthorized access, without the need to restart, and these steps have been successful under this release. Note also that this problem and it’s fix also apply when running the NewViews server directly (i.e. not as a windows service).
To download, click here
This is a security and stability update.
NewViews version 2.31 service pack 2 is now available. This service pack includes the following:
- July 2017 Payroll Update
- Auto-Reconcile Import Suspense Account Map
- Rent transactions can post to a greater set of accounts (NPH only)
- RGI Review Dates (NPH only)
- Problems/Bug Fixes
To download, click here.
Sales: (800) 267 7243
Support: (905) 946 9460
Monday-Thursday: 10am to 6pm
Friday: 10am to 4pm
Eastern Standard Time