Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ALukachko
    Participant

I have 2 separate sets of books. One was a conversion from NV1. The other was a create from scratch in NV2.

On one, the bank deposits and bank payments are both displayed and allow entry of positive amounts.

On the second, the bank deposits are displayed and allow entry of positive amounts. The bank payments are displayed and allow entry of negative amounts. If I use positive amounts in the bank payments, they show up as negative amounts in the actual bank account and thus throw off the actual bank account in the trial balance.

Which is correct?

Any suggestions on how this can corrected?

Thanks for your help.

Al

MSchappler

I suggest that you review NewViews > Journal > Bank > Payment > Bank Payments. The payments/outflows from your bank account credit the Bank Account (see the Bank column in the Transaction Explorer) and debit the vendor/expense accounts.

Click on a particular payment and review the details (the window below) and click on one of the transaction details. The window below the transaction details provides (F6 to display it if not displayed) a button called Debit (Payee) Ledger which shows the effect of the details on the cross account.

A good place to look is in the Demobooks under the windows NewViews 2.0 menu choice and select NewViews > Journal > Bank > Payment > Bank Payments.

Regards to all,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.