Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DEholnikof
    Participant

Hi Bob,

When you have a moment,
    These procs are “wrapped” in a library – I am unable to look at the source code.

Got any ideas why these templates do not parse cleanly with PARSE or PARSEML? or how to fix it ?

~REV1.TPL ~PAYT4 Releve 1 Template
    ~REV2.TPL ~PAYT4 Releve 1 – Laser
    ~T4.TPL ~PAYT4 T4 Template, dot-matrix
    ~T4L-1.TPL ~PAYT4 Laser Copy 1
    ~T4L-2.TPL ~T4COPIES Laser Copies 2,3,& 4
    ~T4S.TPL ~PAYT4 T4 Short Form

Perhaps it’s moot, if nobody complained in the past? My work-a-round is to have an EXCLUDE List for my Autoparz (which allows you to parse all the templates in one pass) which can parse with either PARSEQ or PARSE procedure.

Thanks

BHalpin
    Participant

For all but ~T4L.TPL:

The name of the procedure the template is meant to be used with is at the front of the template’s description. In all these cases it is PAYT4 (after you strip off the ~.)

When you tell PARSE to parse any of these, it calls PAYT4 to obtain the slot list for that template.

PAYT4 *used* to be the proc that priinted T4s, but changed several years ago to a menu from which you could choose T4PRINT (the *real* T4 printing proc), T4CHECK, T4PREP, and T4SUM.

So, when PARSE calls PAYT4 it ignores the fact that PARSE is running and puts up it’s prompt.

Possible Solutions:

– In the next update I could make PAYT4 “parse aware”, and have it call T4PRINT and return the slot list. (Would work, but only in books where the Payroll update is installed, which won’t be all books.)

– You could examine the @external statement in T4PRINT, and ignore the template if the version number was over a given value (I could supply you with the versions.)

You are going to run into the same thing with U.S. Payroll as weel, I should think.

Bob

DEholnikof
    Participant

Ok, Thanks Bob,
    I am surprised that over the years, you did not get more complaints (or simply nobody ever parses them?) ?

My work-a-round was to allow the AutoPrz to have an “Exception List” on the notes view and simply excluded the “offending templates”. (Which actually worked out, quite well ! )
    Opening the Parsing Routines for changes – (for me) is not something I really want to do. And I can’t image you want to also.

These seem to be the only “offending templates” – but I don’t know if they’re US ? (I really have not worked with payroll for several years)
    ~REV1.TPL
    ~REV2.TPL
    ~T4.TPL
    ~T4L-1.TPL
    ~T4L-2.TPL
    ~T4S.TPL

If possible, a full list of the “bad” templates, would be nice (if you have it?) for all places?

Even without “re-parsing the new way” – the nvPRNq will capture any output and print – providing “something / anything” was previously printed – which included a Serial Number. Then nvPRNq holds this to be the valid number for the entire nvPRNq session. This was done to handle printing “things” that do not come from a template (such as ~DP or ~BP .

David

HMah
    Participant

Bob:

When you say *used* to be….., do you mean it used to be for ONLY printing T4’s and now has been changed to a Menu of choices?

It would be nice if you would modify PAYT4, so we could Block all the Payroll reports (where we have employees separated into Dept Payroll reports and the Terminated) and run PAYT4.

I have clients who have up to 25 Payroll Reports and it’s a PAIN to have to run PAYT4 (then PREP and PRINT t4) for each report where employee files are found.

Actually we do it in a backup where we move all the employees into one report.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.