June 29, 2004 at 10:40 pm #11326
I was hoping someone had some wisdom to solve an ongoing problem of mine. When running my payroll, the correct dates print to the employee accounts and the bank, but often the wrong dates are printing on the cheques themselves. Weird, but true? Can anyone help?
CameronJune 30, 2004 at 12:03 am #12599HMahParticipant
1. Which payroll are you using, Cash or Accural?
2. If Cash are your cheques in a Journal, ie: PJ
What procedure are you using to print the cheque?
3. If accural are you using the PRREPORT procedure to print cheque?
Post Edited (06-29-04 20:04)July 2, 2004 at 7:55 pm #12600
CameronJuly 5, 2004 at 11:27 am #12601
Make sure you have Print Summary/Details set to Summary.
Also, make sure the the accrued wages ledger is reconciled properly. If you are usung the PRTPAY procedure and do not alter the accrued wages ledger reconciliation then this will not be an issue. If you alter the reconciliation, review the accured wages ledger by issuing /Document View LR (Ledger by reconcilie) to view what is happening.
MartinJuly 5, 2004 at 7:04 pm #12602
It has been set to Print Summary. I do use PRTPAY, but I don’t alter the accrued wages ledger reconciliation.
CameronJuly 6, 2004 at 11:00 am #12604
You are running PRREPORT from your Payroll Records report with the correct Pay Period Begin and End Dates set with the same Regular Earnings suffix and Account Suffixes?
I wonder if you have duplicate check numbers in your Accrued Wages ledger? Issue /Document View XR (closed by reconcile) in the employees accrued wages ledger and match the timecards to the payments. Any descrepancies?
Is there a manual entry in the employees ~REG account that doesn’t appear in the accrued wages ledger? Go to the employee regular earnings account and issue /Go Item and type the check date you got with PRREPORT.
Running Check Books might be a good thing to do if there is damage in the books.
MartinJuly 6, 2004 at 4:46 pm #12606
There are duplicate check numbers. Do you think that if I put in a cheque number that already exists for the employee, that will cause the wrong date to print?
CameronJuly 7, 2004 at 1:28 am #12607HMahParticipant
1. When you print are you blocking several employees at one time ( or the report from the Home document)?
2. What are the dates in the REG ledger lines? Do they match what is being printed?
3. would you have duplicate cheque numbers? It should not make a difference.
4. Have you checked the template? It should say @DATE—-July 7, 2004 at 4:57 pm #12609
2. The dates in the REG ledger lines are correct. Sometimes they match what is being printed, sometimes they don’t.
3. I have had, but I will be more careful about not having them next time.
4. The template looks okay.
CameronJuly 8, 2004 at 11:11 am #12614
PRREPORT relies on the reconciliation of the accrued wages ledger account. It finds the timecards within your specified date range and notes what they are reconciled (check number) with. It finds that check number in the debit view and uses that check to print.
Fix the reconciliation and you will be fine. I suggest that you review the account in the Closed by Reconcile view (/DV XR) to quickly fix your reconciliation problem.
MartinJuly 8, 2004 at 9:50 pm #12618
Thanks for your help Martin.
CameronJuly 14, 2004 at 9:38 pm #12623
Martin and Henry,
Thanks for your help. All my payroll cheques printed out correctly.
You have made my day.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.