Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    CHeal
    Participant

Hi there.

I was hoping someone had some wisdom to solve an ongoing problem of mine. When running my payroll, the correct dates print to the employee accounts and the bank, but often the wrong dates are printing on the cheques themselves. Weird, but true? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Cameron

HMah
    Participant

1. Which payroll are you using, Cash or Accural?

2. If Cash are your cheques in a Journal, ie: PJ
    What procedure are you using to print the cheque?

3. If accural are you using the PRREPORT procedure to print cheque?

Post Edited (06-29-04 20:04)

CHeal
    Participant

Hi Henry.

1. Accrual

3. yes

Cameron

MSchappler

Make sure you have Print Summary/Details set to Summary.

Also, make sure the the accrued wages ledger is reconciled properly. If you are usung the PRTPAY procedure and do not alter the accrued wages ledger reconciliation then this will not be an issue. If you alter the reconciliation, review the accured wages ledger by issuing /Document View LR (Ledger by reconcilie) to view what is happening.

Regards,

Martin

CHeal
    Participant

Hi Martin.

It has been set to Print Summary. I do use PRTPAY, but I don’t alter the accrued wages ledger reconciliation.

Thanks,

Cameron

MSchappler

Hi Cameron,

You are running PRREPORT from your Payroll Records report with the correct Pay Period Begin and End Dates set with the same Regular Earnings suffix and Account Suffixes?

I wonder if you have duplicate check numbers in your Accrued Wages ledger? Issue /Document View XR (closed by reconcile) in the employees accrued wages ledger and match the timecards to the payments. Any descrepancies?

Is there a manual entry in the employees ~REG account that doesn’t appear in the accrued wages ledger? Go to the employee regular earnings account and issue /Go Item and type the check date you got with PRREPORT.

Running Check Books might be a good thing to do if there is damage in the books.

Regards,

Martin

CHeal
    Participant

Hi Martin.

There are duplicate check numbers. Do you think that if I put in a cheque number that already exists for the employee, that will cause the wrong date to print?

Cameron

HMah
    Participant

Cameron:

1. When you print are you blocking several employees at one time ( or the report from the Home document)?

2. What are the dates in the REG ledger lines? Do they match what is being printed?

3. would you have duplicate cheque numbers? It should not make a difference.

4. Have you checked the template? It should say @DATE—-

CHeal
    Participant

Hi Henry.

1. Yes

2. The dates in the REG ledger lines are correct. Sometimes they match what is being printed, sometimes they don’t.

3. I have had, but I will be more careful about not having them next time.

4. The template looks okay.

Thanks,

Cameron

MSchappler

Hi Cameron,

PRREPORT relies on the reconciliation of the accrued wages ledger account. It finds the timecards within your specified date range and notes what they are reconciled (check number) with. It finds that check number in the debit view and uses that check to print.

Fix the reconciliation and you will be fine. I suggest that you review the account in the Closed by Reconcile view (/DV XR) to quickly fix your reconciliation problem.

Regards,

Martin

CHeal
    Participant

Will do.

Thanks for your help Martin.

Cameron

CHeal
    Participant

Martin and Henry,

Thanks for your help. All my payroll cheques printed out correctly.

You have made my day.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.