Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JMackay
    Participant

How do you quickly enter annual budget amounts that need need to be broken down monthly (ie. budget amount divided by 12). When I try to enter a budget amount on the Budget view, with a column range of my fiscal year, it will not allow me to enter a monthly breakdown below. The only way I have found that works is to define my column by month and then insert the monthly budget amount and then redefine the column for the next month. There must be a better way as this is very time consuming.
    Hope I’ve explained myself sufficiently!

MSchappler

In 2.08, this is the way monthly budget figures can be entered. Enter your budget figures this way for now and an updated version of NV2 will address this issue. It will not be in the 2.09 release but perhaps a service pack or 2.10.

In NV1, dividing the annual budget amount by twelve was nice if you had to allocate the same monthly total but tedious if it was not divisible by twelve. Currently, all users are in the same boat when entering their budget figures.

A better method will be added to NV2 in an upcoming release.

Regards,

Martin

BHalpin
    Participant

> The only way I have found that works is to define
    > my column by month and then insert the monthly budget
    > amount and then redefine the column for the next month.

If you work on the Multiple-Period Analysis or Custom Analysis with the columns set to the 12 months of the year, then you can work across a row setting the twelve months without the bother of changig the column dates from one month to the next.

If you are entering budgets on multiple reports, click on NewViews > Report so that you get the ‘brown’ table of reports in the right-pane. Activate one report and in the account (blue) window below, set the analysis to the twelve months you are budgeting. Now, when you click from one report to the next in the top pane, the bottom pane will alway’s have the same analysis settings. (As is opposed to clicking an individual report in the left pane where the setup for each report is independant of the others.)

Bob
    halpin@softrite.ca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.