Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    Awhile ago you thought that this feature might be working again for Version 2.17- any idea when we will see this command working- we really miss it- right now, you can’t use the “next payment” prompt which is a real time saver on deposits with multiple payments.
    Thanks

MSchappler

Yes. I remember this problem. With the payroll updates out of the way I’ll try to get the Apply Deposits fixed for 2.21.0 which may completed in a week or two.

Sorry for the delays.

Regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi, any developments on the apply deposits command

MSchappler

It should be fixed in the updated version of 2.21 which should be released within the coming month.

I apologize for the delays.

Regards to All,

Martin

MSchappler

With 2.21.2 you can block the details (aka distribution and run Tools > Apply Deposits) which will apply the deposits and reconcile the cross account entries.

Tools > Apply Deposits needs to work from the Ledger Header of the journal. Do you have any other suggestions or comments on this issue? I have the programmers attention. Please email me screen displays and examples to schapple@qwpage.com.

Many thanks and regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    One of the issues with the apply deposits command, which we were running from the bank deposit journal, was that the command has an option-next payment, which does not work. We have clients with very large deposits that are quite tedious, and being able to go to next payment from the apply deposits window would be a real time saver. As stated previously, this did work quite a while ago. Also noted that there is the same issue in the bank payment journal, on the apply payments, the option of go to next payment is not working.
    Thanks for all your efforts!

MSchappler

Many thanks for this. I will try again to have this ready for 2.23.0.

Regards to All,

Martin

MSchappler

I have tried Apply Deposits and Apply Payments from the Bank Deposits Journal and the Bank Payments Journal and both work correctly in 2.22.3.

I have also tried Apply > Deposits and Apply > Payments in the bank account and both work perfectly.

I do recall that neither worked correctly in 2.15.X (?) but now in 2.22.3 both scripts are working correctly.

I used Apply Deposits with the following options:

1. *HOLD*
    2. No
    3. warning and errors
    4. Reference
    5. No and Ye

I also used the above options with Apply Payments.

What version of NV2 are you using. Upgrade to the current version (2.22.3) and retry again. Review Help > About in your NV2 books to review your current NV2 version.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can email me at schapple@qwpage.com

Regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    The command is working, we can apply the deposits, the problem is with “next payment” option- this is not working- you have to exit the apply deposits window, and click on the next item, then apply the command again. In a long ago version, you could click next payment from within the apply deposits window, and review and apply your next payment.In a very large deposit, this was a real time saver- all those extra clicks, and steps are time consuming. We have tried this from the bank payments journal as well, and it is the same situation..
    Can you try this again, maybe we are doing something wrong?

MSchappler

Hello All,

Try the following in the Apply Deposits prompt from the top level of the Apply Deposits Ledger:

5. Confirm/edit payment applications No

If you wish set Line 5 Confirm/edit payment applications set to No – we will prompt about this (anbout being set to No) and if a confoirm is selected NV2 will reconcile the cross accounts without prejudice.

A new option that will apprear in the upcomming version of NV2 will be to enter the check numbers of each deposit per line in the details of the deposit. Apply Deposits will respect the following:

1. The top level Reference Number.
    2. The Detailed Reference Number.
    3 The Deposit Date if the above is not entered.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.