Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AGiglio
    Participant

In reconciling the bank account pressing F3 retruns a “void” in the reconcile column. I have entered “051031-01” and pressed enter. I expect to have the F3 key return “051031-02” when positioned on the next item in the reconcile field. I cannot get ride of the “void”

I’ve tried to “edit clear” of every field.

Any ideas?

Art.

AGiglio
    Participant

Followup:

I ran my own test. On the demo books the reconcile procedure works as advertised in the manual.

Then I typed “void” in the reconcile column. F3 produced “void” again and again. Nothing I did could change it.

My conclusion, if anybody cares, is that typing alpha in the reconcile column will cause the alpha to repeat using the F3 key.

This looks like a bug???

Art.

MSchappler

Pressing F3 to reconcile a bank account looks for the highest reconcile value entered thus far in the bank account and increments on it if possible. The text VOID is greater than any numerical text. Alpha characters W,X,Y, and Z will be greater than void and will replace VOID when pressing F3.

Instead of using VOID as your reconcile text, use the bank statement date with a -void. For example:

2005-12-void-1

Note, I sugest that you reconcile you voided checks at the end so as F3 can increment on the -1.

Regards,

Martin

HMah
    Participant

If this is still the situation I would suggest you NOT use “void” but reconcile with the same code as with regular cheques.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.