Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GSullivan
    Participant

How should I ATYPE the AW and FUTA accounts from accural payroll: Employee or General. On the first try I typed them as employee but I think that might be wrong.

Thx
    Geneva

BHalpin
    Participant

There’s no real right or wrong.

Accounts that ‘belong’ to an employee are converted to the correct type during import if they were not ATYPE’s properly before the export. The only downside is it slows the import down a little bit – say 10 or 20 seconds per employee.

Accounts that are ATYPE’d as Employee that are not in fact employee accounts are converted to General during the import. Again, the only downside is a second or so per account.

Bob

HMah
    Participant

Bob:

Is nv2 now recognizing accrual payroll? I know it imported the accrual accounts but it ignored then in nv2.

GSullivan
    Participant

Well as far as I can see it recognizes the accural accounts as employee, well sort of it does make some mistakes that have to be corrected after the import; however once you are over you have to run cash payroll which looks a little diffrent than it did in NV1. The way I understand it cash payroll in NV2 can have checks dated differently than the timecard.

One warning if you have both cash and accrual accounts for the “same employee”, the conversion will bomb on the import you must move the old accounts, in our case the cash account into history files before you begin.

i.e. you cannot have both an xxx.reg account and an xxx~reg account.

Good luck
    Geneva

HMah
    Participant

Geneva:

Interesting point concerning the XXX.REG and xxx~REG. We have clients who use both accounts for active employees. I haven’t tried a conversion on them but will and hopefully it will not crash.

If so I hope Bob has noted it and will fix problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.