Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PSaikaley
    Participant

I get an error that says i am not registered yet.That I am entitled only to use up to service pack 17. But what is puzzling is it allows me to sign in for the download. ????

MSchappler

If you are installing NV2 on a new machine then you need to click register from NewViews 2.0 windows menu. When the lock number is displayed, email support@qwpage.com with the subject NV2 Register quoting the following in the body of your email:

The displayed lock number
    Your current NewViews Serial number (click Help About on your old machine)
    The name of your company or full user name.
    The type of machine installed (server/desktop/laptop and alias (example: “Bobs Desktop”)

Leave the registration screen displayed until you receive a response. In the response, you will receive a Key Number to register NV2 based on the information you have provided above.

If you are installing NV2 on the same machine, ensure that you are installing NV2 in the correct program folder as your prior version of NV2.

Regards,

Martin

PSaikaley
    Participant

Hi Martin, I had originally installed NV2 to c:nv2 which during last year changed to d:nv2 then finally to e:nv2, after adding two new hard drives. Of which I tried to copy back to c:nv2 but to no avail would not recognize registration. So I kept a desktop shortcut to e:nv2 nv20, and have used this since then. After installing 2.08 sp17 to e:nv2, everything was fine. My Apr10,2007 cutoff date which has been now updated and purchased on July 5 or 6th. the help file on the workstation still only shows registered to Apr10,2007 even after trying to install 2.08 sp18. Also if I try to copy the nv2 folder to c:nv2 and run the executable, it continues to say not registered, regardless of the licensing.

MSchappler

Click Help > About from the workstation or within the NV2 books and review NewViews program. It should come up with Version 2.08 Service Pack 18. If this appears, then you are current.

Regards,

Martin

PSaikaley
    Participant

Hi again Martin
    sorry to keep this thread going on and on, but this is the error I get:

“Attempted to install an unauthorized version of Newviews”

after running nv2.08.20070621-win32-ix86.exe. Btw,nv2.08sp17 was not installed. The last Service Pack to be installed was nv2.08sp16.

Service pack 16 is showing under Help>About also it was there that I noticed registered until April 10th,2007.

MSchappler

Send am email to support@qwpage.com as per the instructions above.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.