Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LLitke
    Participant

I work at a church that produces charitable receipts once a year. I record donations in accounts for each donor set up in Accounts Receivable. Is there a way of printing some type of “statement” which has the name and address of the donors along with the total donations (debits) for the year?

MSchappler

Click on NewViews > Account > Accounts Receivable and window select Customer Information Views (on the top right blue table). Right mouse click on this blue table and click on View > Mailing Address.

Right mouse click again on the blue table (which now shows the address information for each account) > View > Analysis > Column Setup > Edit Settings. Press F3 in the value field next to Index and click Debit. Enter your column Begin and End Dates.

Right mouse click again and click View > Analysis > Representation > Periodic.

Note: if more than one column appears on the table, right mouse click View > Analysis > Resolution > Year.

You can move these columns by holding down the Ctrl Key and the arrow keys at the same time. Also, you can delete unwanted columns by holding the Ctrl key and the Delete key at the same time.

Once you have the table, right mouse click Print > All.

Regards,

Martin

LLitke
    Participant

Dear Martin,

Thanks for this information. I tried this today.

In the Print dialague box, I found I wanted to select “no” for “Print Zero-Balance Accounts” so that donors who gave other years but not this year were not listed.

It printed a table with the information I’m looking for. I suppose that would be used to plug into a macro which would print a receipt for each line using a template?

Sincerely,
    Lana

MSchappler

Laura,

From this table you could use a macro to produce a statement for each line which prints the address information and the amount donated for the period you had specified.

Whatch for the next update to NV2 which will be released at the end of January 2007. The may be an easier method of producing that receipts you require.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.