Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FMucklo
    Participant

I am up and running with NV2 and like what I see. Great visibility on my 19 in flat panel monitor. I also like the line numbering. However there is a minor annoyance I would like to program to my liking. Usually clicking the right mouse key brings up an edit menu under window that allows you to copy and paste. I would like to be able to turn off the NV2 menu tree and switch to the Windows edit menu, especially for copy and paste. Or maybe be able to program a keyboard shortcut for copy and for paste. I found this annoyance while reconciling my bank statement. Without the reconcile procedure in the DOS version, I am finding it more work to use the Windows version. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MSchappler

If the Windows style menu is turned off in your NV2 books then right mouse anywhere in your NV2 books and click on the plus next to view, plus on Menu Bar and click on display. This will show the standard windows menu bar at the top of your books.

Once activated, you can now use the short cut keys assigned to each command.

In your Bank under NewViews > Account > Bank under the blue table (top right pane) choose the window select button and click reconcile. Click the unreconciled field for the particular bank account which will show you all of the open items in that account. In the green table below type in your reconcile text in the reconcile field for the item you wish to reconcile and issue the keyboard commands:

ALT EC – Edit Copy

Cursor down and then issue ALT EP (Edit Pate) on your next open item. To clear the reconcile text issue ALT EC on an unreconciled item in the reconcile field.

For thoose familiar with the control keys, there is Ctrl KW which sets the reconcile text for use with Ctrl KR. In the windows style menu the keystrokes are ALT EVS and ALT EVG respectively (Edit Default Value Set Edit Default Value Get). To clear, issue Ctrl KC.

Regards,

Martin

FMucklo
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Martin. The Ctrl key strokes seem cumbersome. Is there any way to create macro’s of key strokes and assign them to the unused f12 key. This as available in NV1 and very useful. I would like to assign a value for the reconcile field and by pressing the f12 or some other key have it input the value and then arrow down to the next cell below. If this has to be done in tkcl, how does one add the script to NV2? Adding simple macro’s for repetitive tasks would save a lot of time.

Frank

MSchappler

Frank,

Programming function keys will be added to NV2 in a future release. I can’t give you a date at this time.

Another possiblity to reconciling many open items with the same reconcile text is to use Fill Column. Block your open items (ALT BS ALT BE or Ctrl KB Ctrl KK) and then type you reconcile text on the first blocked item and then right mouse click Tools Fill Column (or ALT TF).

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.