Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

Is there any method of copying a set of books or chart of accounts with no transactions?

I know it wasn’t available yet…just wondering if there were any changes to that?

Thanks,

HMah
    Participant

Why not use EXPSETUP with NV1 on the set of books you wish to copy, to create a new set with just the accounts. Then edit the accountsreports.

Then process with NV2 import.

DVigliatore
    Participant

I’ve never used NV1…I converted to NV2 from another accounting software.

Is there any other way of doing this?

MSchappler

The template method at present is not ready yet but there is a method that you can use in 2.08.8 and above.

First create a new application database and then open both application databases in your NV2 workstation. From the working application, copy the accounts by blocking all the accounts (ALT BA) and the Block Copy (ALT BC) and then click the copy to clipboard button. In new application, create the report (or the report you had copied from in the working application and then in the account setup view click Blpaste (ALT BP) and then click the Copy from Clipboard button.

Once in your display window of Block Copy/Paste in your new application, click the paste button.

Regards to All,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Any idea on when this may be available?

Also, would I need to delete transactions that currently would exist in the copy of the books? How would I do that ‘safely’?

Thanks,

MSchappler

It is ready in 2.09.8 and it copies the account layout so you do not need to delete any transactions.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

How would I start doing this?

MSchappler

Block the accounts from the account setup view and then ALT BC.

See the NewViews 2.09 Manual > Operating NewViews > Block Copy / Paste for more information on this feature.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.