Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I just started using the version 2.09 and I have a first comment.

I use different bank journals for deposit and payments: one journal for each different bank account.

In the prior versions I had set the “Default Value” for the field “Bank” in each journal to the bank account related to the journal.

In 2.09, each time I set the default value in one journal, it becomes the default value for all the other bank journals.

Is it an overlook, or is it going to remain that way?

MSchappler

Use the Current Setting Bar and click the New button and type in the defaults pertaining to your action and press enter to save the setting under the name. Click Continue or F5 (I’m assuming you are using Pay Account).

When you visit other areas of the books where you perform the same actions you will see the last selection you have made. If the defaults need to change, click the New Button and type in your Settings Name and press enter to Save.

Next to the text Current Settings there is an selection arrow which you can choose the correct setting for the action you are performing. Make your selection names clear.

This has been altered for speed and efficiency.

Regards,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

I am ot using Pay Account. I do not use Accounts Payable very much.

I just enter the transactions directly into the bank journals.

When positioned on the field “Bank” I issue the menu commands “Edit/Default value/Set”

But now this new value will be the default for all the bank journals. Under 2.08 and prior versions, it worked fine. Each journal was keeping its own default value.

MSchappler

Yes, this is true within the same class (accounts and journals) but the windowing system is much smaller and takes less time to setup.

To achieve the same results as in 2.09 press F11 in the Bank Column and when the Define Columns window appears > click new and type in a new default name and then under Pick Root press F3 and choose another pick root. Once the settinghas been saved you will notice the setting will appear under Transactions button for this Journal.

Once you set the default Values under one window setting (F12) amd ytou switch to another journal of the same class (BANK) change switch the transactions button to your custom saved setting to prevent the F12 (default value get) from entering the new line when pressing the insert key.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.