Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WGray
    Participant

I am anticipating updating to an hp duplex printer.

The primary use is for other than NewViews but does anyone know if NV1 will work with a duplex machine by printing both sides?

Or, will a duplex printer print both sides without regard to the software being used?

Walt

DEholnikof
    Participant

Hmm, Good question. If Newviews can print to it, then it should be able to duplex print. IF it does not print, try using the nvPRNq found at http://www.prgms.com/newviews/nvprnq/beta3/index.html

Regards, David

WGray wrote:
    > I am anticipating updating to an hp duplex printer.
    > The primary use is for other than NewViews but does anyone know if NV1 will work with a duplex machine by printing both sides?
    > Or, will a duplex printer print both sides without regard to the software being used?
    > Walt

WGray
    Participant

An HP duplex laser jet prints both sides perfectly in NV1 including the ASCII characters.

My understanding is that the driver is backward compatible and a parallel cable is also used rather than USB connection.

DEholnikof
    Participant

Sorry, its not clear – Are you asking or telling ?

WGray wrote:

> An HP duplex laser jet prints both sides perfectly in NV1
    > including the ASCII characters.
    >
    > My understanding is that the driver is backward compatible and
    > a parallel cable is also used rather than USB connection.

WGray
    Participant

Telling, based on my recent purchase

DEholnikof
    Participant

Ok, glad to know there are some other new printers that can work with DOS programs.

Our searches have shown that some printers have built in settings to allow ASCII type characters – but then it excludes the graphic files.

Regards
    David

WGray wrote:
    > Telling, based on my recent purchase

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.