Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AGiglio
    Participant

Will this be activated in 2.09. It is essential for a new client I’d like to introduce to the system. If not, what is the workaround?

Art.

MSchappler

The alpha 2.09 Edit Safety is currently switched off. I’ll advise if it will be respected in the release of 2.09.

In 2.09, you will be prompted to confirm deleting columns and renaming accounts.

Regards,

Martin

AGiglio
    Participant

Martin,

How do I prevent changes to entries from individuals entering data into the books. I’ll have a bookkeeper entering invoices daily. I’ll have a comptroller making entries to the books.

I want to insure that they are not changing the data without authorization. This is major for a company with many users. I cannot restrict date range within the month because this would slow data entry.

After the month is “closed”, I can and will close the prior periods using the “date restrictions” in the security. But during the month how do we protect the data?

Thanks,
    Art.

MSchappler

Art,

The updated 2.09 will have the edit safety feature turned on. It will prompt the user to accept the change or disregard the change and place the decision in the audit log. This may become tedious if you are prompted twice to accept changing something. The programmers are still thinking about this one.

Regards,

Martin

AGiglio
    Participant

Martin,

Is there security currently in the system that will allow an individual to view Accounts Payable only and prevent them from making any changes to the date, account numbers, account descriptions, etc. ?

Thanks,
    Art

MSchappler

Art,

What you can do for now is install NV2 on a workstation and leave it unregistered. If the application database has reached its evaulation limit of one thousand changes/deletions/additions the application database from that workstation becomes read only in all aspects.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.