Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JDeCourcy
    Participant

I am an IT consultant looking into the possibility of upgrading a client (company) from NV1 to NV2 but would first like to hear from actual users what the experience was like. Did the upgrade go smoothly? How long does it take users to get back up to speed with NV2? Things to look out for? Any info would be helpful.

Jason deCourcy
    Fusion Consulting
    http://www.fusion-consulting.ca

FSaldana
    Participant

check out the NV2 Forum (you do not need to be a registered User (contrary to what the Forum Page says) and you will get a feel for problems, comments, praise, etc.

JDeCourcy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply I have tried the NV2 forum without much luck. Nearly makes me wonder how much editing of the posts is going on. When I went through all the posts the other day I coudln’t find a single post about someone having an issue with the migration. Only a few about having to learn the new system. Alas I posted there also so hopefully someone will commment.

HMah
    Participant

There are many posts listing nv2 concerns.
    Specifically: Speed. I’ve found that entering data in nv2 is a slower process than with nv1. This is because of the macro feature of nv1. Creating macros in nv1 eliminated alot of work and make tedious tasks simple. nv2 does not currently offer the same flexibility and it’s like going back to pressing nv1 slash commands to alot of the work. The type ahead in nv1 cannot be used in nv2. nv2 does indexing which causes delays in screen changes.
    I’ve found that nv2 is missing some features (at least one’s my clients need). Mainly Accrual payroll, bank reconciliation problem, thought payroll is improved there are short-comings: calculating one employee cheque, not being able to print directly after calculating and ROE calculation.
    Also look at the “List of Suggestions”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.