Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Randy Walton
    Participant

What port does NV2 use to allow remote access through a firewall? I understand that a VPN connection would be more secure but to allow temporary access to a NV2 server would be helpful when the database is secured by a user name and password anyway.

JPeters
    Participant

The port number is 7890

BHalpin
    Participant

What port does NV2 use to allow remote access through a firewall?

To clarify a bit further:

As Jack said, 7890 is the port number – but that port number is not related to firewalls specifically – it is the port number for all connections between NV2 workstations and servers.

Randy Walton
    Participant

Thanks for the info. It is very much appreciated. NV2 is looking to be an amazing piece of software. Keep up the great work.

JMacNeil
    Participant

I am having difficulty setting up remote access. On windows firewall for the server computer I have set up the port 7890. For the computer I am using to access the server do I only need to show the IP address for the computer I am trying to access or is there some other issue I am missing. Some one mentioned to me that you have to indicate the port but I can’t make that work either.

DMackie
    Participant

Not so sure about the “windows firewall” but I successfully set up a server behind a Linksys Router by setting the router to forward access thru the 7890 port to the server machine’s local IP address.

The workstation has to access the IP address given to the router.

It worked remarkably well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.