Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NMills
    Participant

How exactly does the licensing work for NV2 ?

Is it : per workstation (PC), per user, per concurrent user, etc ?

BHalpin
    Participant

1st, I’ll paste in an explanation from the qwpage web site

(www.qwpage.com -> NV2 For Windows -> Upgrade Pricing)

Q: I’m not clear on how many licenses I need.

A: The NV2 license permits a single user to access any number of databases (sets of books) on a single computer system at one time.

If more than one user wishes to access the same database at the same time, then multiple licenses are required. (e.g. If 3 different users wish to access the same database at the same time, 4 licenses (3 users + 1 server) will be required.).

If more than one user wishes to use NV2 at the same time, each running a different computer, then multiple licenses are required. (e.g. If 3 different users wish to access three different databases at the same time (in single user mode), 3 licenses will be required.)

I’ll state it again slightly differently.

Basically, you require 1 licence for each machine you will run NV2 on. With that licence you can open any number of books (concurrently) located on any system you can ‘see’ in Windows explorer (ie: you local drives and any shared drives on a LAN.) With each licence you can also connect to any number of NV2 servers and open any number of books concurrently through those servers.

Books accessed through a server may be opened concurrently by other users as well.

NMills
    Participant

I have a user who works part time from home – will they need 2 licenses ? One to run NV@ while at home and another at the office ?

Randy Walton
    Participant

I use the terminal services in Windows XP Pro to do this. I even used a remote desktop session (terminal services) last week to demo NV2 to a potential customer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.