Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

Does anyone know of a way to lock down G/L accounts and assign them to specific suppliers? We were able to do this in our previous accounting software (not Newviews)

For example, when we are posting a purchase invoice in the PI journal for ‘Hydro One’, I would like it to always choose account 7110 (Utilities Expense). I would like to do the same for all my suppliers.

Someone had told me to use the F12 key to lock down this account for this supplier; when I tried this, the same account came up when I went to post entries for all other suppliers….so I had to use the Ctrl+F12 keys to undo this.

Does NV2 have this capability? Does anyone have the same concern?

Thanks,

MSchappler

Create the Invoice in your Vendor Account and add an item to the details. Click on Item and press F11 which will display a Setup Columns table.

Click on the value next to Pick Root and press F3 which will display a Select Pick Root window. Right mouse click on the white background of this Select Pick Root window and click File > Sort. Choose Interactive. You will notice that the select pick root window display changes. Plus on NewViews > Account > Expense and click on 7110. This will place this in the Pick Root Path.

Click back on the Setup Columns window and then the details window. Press F5 to commit the change you have made.

Now, if you press F3 under Item, the account 7110 will appear in the Select Charge Account.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

I have tried what you’ve suggested and as soon as I press F3 to display the Select Pick Root window…NV2 crashes.

The following error message appears:

.text {Encountered bug “314120040830144312” while running “d:/home/dvigliatore/computer/nv2/nv20.exe” (2.08.8.20060801) on computer “boltonrailings”.}
    .help_id 314120050312171551
    /a2 {
    .text {Encountered bug “314120040830144312” while running d:/home/dvigliatore/computer/nv2/nv20.exe on computer “boltonrailings”.}
    .priority bug
    .log {
    .type bug
    .date 20061011075253
    .nameofexecutable d:/home/dvigliatore/computer/nv2/nv20.exe
    .version 2.08.8.20060801
    .hostname boltonrailings
    .stack {
    .5 {::qw::bug 314120040830144312 {Attempted to call method “” on /OBJECT/SYSTEM/WINDOW/SCROLLED/TABLE/NOTES/COLUMN_DEFINE/REFERENCE/1160566987_112875.client with args “expand_path /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/ACCOUNT”.}}
    .4 {{} expand_path /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/ACCOUNT}
    .3 edit_assist_pick_root
    .2 edit_assist
    .1 {reference_pick {.windowPath .20.25.75.7a.81.86.87.8c .type 2 .serialNumber 1613 .send -1 .state 8 .subWindowHex 0x00000000 .time 1100822671 .x 279 .y 150 .keyCode 114 .asciiCharacter {} .keySymbolString F3 .keySymbolDecimal 65472}}
    }
    }
    .bug_id 314120040830144312
    /a1 {
    .text {Attempted to call method “” on /OBJECT/SYSTEM/WINDOW/SCROLLED/TABLE/NOTES/COLUMN_DEFINE/REFERENCE/1160566987_112875.client with args “expand_path /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/ACCOUNT”.}
    }
    }

DVigliatore
    Participant

I just realized that I followed your instructions and went through the PI journal and then details.

I will try through the Vendor account.

DVigliatore
    Participant

Sorry…the same error message occurs no matter what journal I go through.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again,

MSchappler

David and I went in as the administrator and we able to change the pick root.

I’ll look into this error message for users of limited access.

Regards to All,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Just opened NV2 and made sure that the 1 account that we locked down worked properly. It only works if we go through Account…Accounts Payable..to the supplier..all the way to the pink screen as we discussed yesterday.

When we go to the Purchase Invoice Journal to post, which is where we do our postings from, it doesn’t work; even though I’m pretty sure it did yesterday when we walked through it. I tried doing this as the Administator and a a regular user…neither works. Any ideas?

Also, if we get this to work, and in the future we need to change the ‘root’ account to be chosen, how can we undo what we’ve ‘locked’ and change it to another account…I forgot to ask you this yesterday.

I tried changing it through the same methodology as we discussed and it crashes NV2 as it did yesterday.

Please let me know if you know why it doesn’t allow the posting with the ‘locked’ account through the PI journal.

Thanks,

MSchappler

I can reproduce your problem and will explained it to the programmers. The vendor account pick root (F11 on the vendor ledger details ) should be respected if you post to the vendor account everywhere in NV2.

To change the pick root for the vendor, press F11 in the item field > F3 on Pick Root and select a different expense account. Note, I did try this and received a simular bug error.

I’ll let you know when this is fixed.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Is this going to be addressed in 2.09? Is it still planned to be released by the end of this month?

Thanks,

MSchappler

Yes, this will be fixed in 2.09. I believe it will be ready by the end of November 2006.

If I know of a delay, I’ll post it here.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.