Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SGallo
    Participant

What about procedures? I purchased a new computer, HP Pavillion Media Center, and a new printer, HP Photosmart 7200. When I installed NV1 (great software – used at least 15 years)I cannot get to PRTSTMTS. I can print like Print Documents, so that part is okay. My procedure discs are all on 3.5 discs.

I just checked the NV folder and a PROC folder is there with all the PROCs files. I’m just not able to address them. Also, when I issue the PRTSTMTS click, the error message says that something about the NV1.msg cannot be found. Help then says it cannot find @helpfile. After clicking the DN key, there is some information about about not being able to find the PROC file. The address is E:NVProc The file is there and I can open it and all appears correct.

Help

HMah
    Participant

Try deleting PRTSTMTS, then run GETLIB with NV1. Should re-install the procedure.

BHalpin
    Participant

As far as the ‘proc’ directory goes – it is not part of the problem or solution. It simply contains the source-code of the standard procedures – and is quite likely years out-of-date. Ignore it.

When moving NV to a new computer, it is by far the best and easiest practice to copy all of the NV program directory to the new machine, as well as your actual books. When you do this, you get *all* the program files, plus the procedure library files, and you should be able to pick up where you left off on the old machine without missing a beat.

Bob

SGallo
    Participant

As far as the move routine, It’s too late now. This is about the fourth new computer transfer. And it appears that all the procs are effected by some deteriorated routine. I tried reinstalling everything (have a USB 3.5 remote drive) but so far I can’t get it installed. it’s hell when I’m in 2008 and my diskettes are circa 1988. I installed everything on my notebook (different computer than desktop) to test fresh, but same error. I think my best solution is to purchase a new CD (2008) from NV.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.