Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there a method of setting up a monthly payroll deduction on a weekly or biweekly payroll, so that you do not have to enter the deduction manually each time you process payroll.

MSchappler

Yes. Right mouse click on the Employee List Title Bar and select Tools > Payroll Withholdings.

See the NewViews 2.11 Manual Payroll > Canada Payroll > Using Payroll > Remitting Withholdings for more detailed information.

Regards to All,

Martin

MSchappler

Yes. Right mouse click on the Employee List Title Bar and select Tools > Payroll Withholdings.

See the NewViews 2.11 Manual Payroll > Canada Payroll > Using Payroll > Remitting Withholdings for more detailed information.

Regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi,
    You must have misunderstood my request- I would like to set up a deduction for health benefits which is deducted from employees once a month. Since we are doing many payrolls,both weekly and biweekly, we are currently entering the deduction manually on the individual payrun. Is it possible to set this up to automatically be deducted. It is not an option to prorate the monthly deduction to fit the pay schedule.
    Thanks in advance for your help

MSchappler

Sorry for the misunderstanding. You probably have the accounts setup to be deducted from the Pay List table where you are entering the amount which does the deduction but you have to police yourself on the frequency of the deduction.

There currently is no option in NV2 to add an amount as you have described. The Benefits table does this but it does not add an entry to the Pay Check.

Another possibility could be to set the account up to do a regular deduction amount and then set the accounts to active when being used and then inactive when not being used.

Either way you are still policing yourself.

I’ll make a request for what you want and perhaps it may be added in a future release of NV2.

Regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Thank you Martin, that would be great

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.