Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BHeim
    Participant

Hello again:

Some of my books, not all of them, have the notes vlew screen split every time I go into that view. I believe the command I use to correct this is /w/r to make the screen whole but it goes back to a split screen everytime I go back to notes view. I don’t what I did but I’ve even tried to “edit put” after I’ve corrected it again but it always goes back to being split. As I said, it’s only in a few of my client’s books. Any way to fix this permanently?

Thanks!

HMah
    Participant

Are you using the Slash Command / D V N or has someone setup a Macro to switch to the Notes view (Function key)?

Post Edited (01-25-05 15:02)

BHeim
    Participant

I use the command / v n each time but it does’nt matter. Whenever I go into the notes view I have to correct it, if I leave and come back its split again.

Becky

HMah
    Participant

Assume you mean’t / d v n.

I’ve never seen that happen on any system. Suggest you try this. Write the following macro:

In procedures press Insert
    Call procedure NOTEV
    Expand into the procedure and on the Procedure View type:
    ~DV”N”. ~DO (this will get rid of the split screen)

Then bring up the FKEYS (/ G R) and on Shift F1 type NOTEV

To access the Notes View on a ledger hold Shift and press F1

DEholnikof
    Participant

Like Henry, I have never heard of this problem – happening all the time. So I too am at loss to make a suggestions.

The only question I have is – is your Scroll Lock, on or off ?

David

BHeim
    Participant

No, my scroll lock is not on. What happens when I go into my notes view on a set books that this happens to, the screen is split and them I have to type the command / w r. This will correct the screen from being split but I now have to cursor over my print to get the full sentences to show. It sort of condenses the letters. Strange, but true! And it’s not happening with all of my books, just a couple of them.

Becky

BHeim
    Participant

Sorry, it didn’t work. I’ll have to keep correcting it each time I go in but at least it’s a glitch that can be corrected so it’s just an annoyance.

Thank’s for trying,
    Becky

DEholnikof
    Participant

Ah – since it is a problem in only a “few books” – perhaps the problem books require a reorg?

This is usually the first thing I do when books come from a client, having any strange problems.

David

HMah
    Participant

David is probably correct that reorg may help, but it’s strange that a “couple” of books have the problem. Not sure what kind of damage to the database would cause that kind of problem.

Change the Macro to ~WR rather than ~DO. Actually WR dosen’t actually do anything in NV, but if it fixes your problem so be it.

When you are at the NV Shell, go to Options and check to see that the Screen Size is 25 Line Display. You would only change this if you are running in a Windows screen and want NV to be larger.

Is the your screen split Vertically or Horizontially?

Are you running the NV in Full Screen or a Window screen?

Post Edited (02-01-05 17:17)

TThibodeau
    Participant

The command /wr is “right a field”.
    This may sound crazy but when this happens try /DL and then enter “0”

Even if the notes view does not have fields to lock, it seems to have an effect of locking some of the screen Horizontally.

I see that you are with eastlink. What part on Nova Scotia are you from?

Thomas

HMah
    Participant

Interesting point. When I tried the /WR it was on a Blank Notes screen. When there was text /WR did seem to split the text (not the screen). The /DL did fix the problem.

Added to my NV notes.

DEholnikof
    Participant

Of course you know that this is an “Optical Illusion” –
    When you use the /DL it freezes the “tabs” to the left side. and the rest scrolls around. Put some text such as “This is a test of window scrolling” on the left side and on the same line put “XX” on the farthest right sides, and then do /DL 1 with the /WL

And you will see the wrapping effect chop off the left text and move it to the right side. It is simply wrapping the internal Video Buffer.

But we can always use the ‘”games” for fun !!
    Regards

TThibodeau
    Participant

Ok Guy’s lets see if I can explain this right.

Open a set of books
    Go to the notes view of a template. The one that I used ~inv2.tpl
    Give the command ~DL than enter 5
    Close books
    Re-open books and go to the notes view of the template.
    You should see a screen like this link.

http://users.eastlink.ca/~dihedral/nvcap.jpg

Somehow she has given the command ~DL with a number at some point while she was in the notes view.

Solution is to give command ~DL and 0 to reset when you see this screen. New Views remembers a document lock command and has to be reset.

Thomas

Post Edited (02-04-05 22:24)

BHeim
    Participant

Hi Thomas:

It worked!!! /DL and then “0” It instantly reverted the screen to a whole without the lettering being bunched together. I then tried leaving the notes view and coming back to it but it stayed as a whole screen.

I still don’t know how it happened, I must have locked the windows at some point and didn’t realize it. Thank you so much!

I live on the South Shore, close to Bridgewater, about 100km from Halifax.

Thanks again,
    Becky

PS: Thanks to all who tried to help me with this problem!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.