Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JMaher
    Participant

Have been using NV 1.41, etc, since 1986. Currently have H/P LaserJet 6L with parallel connection, which will print 132 column reports, using a procedure/driver, provided I believe by QW Pag, called HPLASER2C. I print 80 column reports use a procedure/driver called HPLASER.

Just bought a new unit, HP LaserJet 3015, also with a parallel connection. Prints 80 columns fine in 12pt; but does not seem to like HPLASER2C. Is there another procedure/driver to accomplished the condensed printing, or do I need a different approach??

Thanks much,

Jim Maher

HMah
    Participant

Have you tried the HP12P and HP16P?

TThibodeau
    Participant

Hi Jim

I have a client that uses a new hp laser color printer. His printer does not seem to except ESC codes . They have to use an external program to set the fonts on the printer and use a printer setup in newviews that is blank.

Hp specs on your printer says that dos drivers are only available on the web. You may want to try this site.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=378050&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=378048&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=14

This may help you. I have no experience with you specific printer.

Thomas

JMaher
    Participant

HMAH–

Thanks for the suggestion. It prompted me to go to the printers section, and cobble together a new Printer definition I called HPLASER16P, which appears to do the job, albeit slowly. I have to invoke the /print options command with HPLASER16P imbedded in it, for each document . But at least it gets the documents I need.

Jim Maher

P.S. Thomas, I did visit the HP website, linked as you suggested, but did not find anything workable for my needs.

HMah
    Participant

If you insert your NV12 disk and you can Install just the printers. This will copy the HP10P, HP12P and HP16P to your hd. Then you can run GETPRINS to install them in your books.

JMaher
    Participant

HMah– Thanks for the heads up on HP12 and HP16. Unfortunately, my disks are in Maryland and I am in Florida. I will however remember the suggestion for when I return to Maryland. Meantime, many thanks for your assistance. It it greatly appreciated. Jim Maher

HMah
    Participant

If you have other sets of books, check the Printers. If they contain HP10P, HP12P & HP16P, you can save them to a diskette with PUTPRINS and copy them into your books with GETPRINS.

MSchappler

You can obtain the HP printer codes from our web site at:

ftp://ftp.qwpage.com/pub/support/printers/

Here is a breakdown of the README file at the above URL:

CANONBJ.PRN Instructions on how to create printer drivers for CANON
    bubble jet printers.

CANONLBP.PRN Instructions on how to create printer drivers for CANON
    laser printers.

EPSON.PRN Instructions on how to create printer drivers for EPSON or
    compatible printers.

EPSON.ZIP Drivers for Epson FX and LQ printers. LQ drivers work well
    with Epson laser and ink (bubble) jet printers.

HP.PRN Instructions on how to create printer drivers for HP or
    compatible printers.

HPINFO.PRN Detailed breakdown of the setup codes in HP printer
    configurations.

PRINTER.ZIP All printer configurations supplied by QW.

RAVEN.ZIP Printer configurations for Roland & Panasonic

DOuellette
    Participant

cant sent through IEEE 1284 for DELL. How is it to USB USB4 and cannot to allow 1.41B for printers?

TX

Dick

MSchappler

DOS cannot print to USB or windows only printers. What you need is to download a third party printing program that redirects output from DOS programs to USB/Windows Only printers.

I suggest that you try a program called PRINTFIL which can be obtained at printfil.com. The support for printfil is done through their web site and is pretty from what I have seen. Here is a list of all the third party printing programs that I know of.

PRNT

http://www.en-consult.ca/prnt

DOSPRINT

http://www.geocities.com/dosprint

Printfil
    http://www.printfil.com

BHalpin
    Participant

I’m going to correct the previous post, slightly.

You can print through a USB port if you concoct the correct NET USE command (and the printer supports the PCL language.)

Bob

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.