Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HCassity
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience working with NV and a Point of Purchase scanning system? Is this even possible? Thank you!

TThibodeau
    Participant

I had a “symbol” scanner that connects between the keyboard and computer working with NPL program. The scanner had to be programed to send a return at the end of the string. Customer decided that it would be too expensive.
    If I remember correctly there are 10 significant numbers in the bar code. It has been so long I cannot remember all thi info.

Thomas

DEholnikof
    Participant

Yes, it is possible and very do-able. I have done it, in the past. AND I would really STRONGLY suggest using a program to “exchange” (import/export) the required information between NewViews and your cash register.

HCassity
    Participant

Thank you for your info. Since you’ve done this, could you share what program you used to “exchange” the required info between New Views and the cash register? Thanks in advance!

DEholnikof
    Participant

Oh, that is not such a simple question. The POS programs were custom made. WE found nothing “off the shelf” that could work correctly.

What I really would suggest, is any POS system you like – and then write an interface that exchanges info between the POS and NewViews.

Additionally – NV is a great program for Accounting, its really not the best program for inventory control details. It is extremely hard to do normal inventory things, such as count items, average price, etc.

Find a POS you like, and then we could write the interface for you.

Hope this helps
    Regards

HCassity wrote:
    > Thank you for your info. Since you’ve done this, could you share what program you used to “exchange” the required info between New Views and the cash register? Thanks in advance!

HMah
    Participant

Don’t have the info available but there is a POS which does interface with NV. I’ll get the name and post it.

HMah
    Participant

The POS system is called SmartVendor. My client uses the program with her register and scanner. At the end of the day the program creates a Batch File which is imported into NV. This disburses the sales and inventory info (summary) to various accounts and reconciles with the daily deposit.

Web site:
    http://www.vendorware.com/smartvendor.htm

Post Edited (01-26-05 15:23)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.