Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ATempleton
    Participant

Hello and Happy New Year,
    I realize no-one should be working today, but wanted to post this question .
    I have a workstation with many users listed that have access to the same database, with different passwords. The first time I log on to each user, I have to enter the password . However, if I close the database, without closing the workstation, and try to logon to a different user, it doesn’t ask for the password. Even if I close the workstation, and restart it, I don’t have to enter a password for any user that has already been accessed. Is this ‘working as designed’ (an often used IBM statement) or is it a security problem?
    Thanks,
    Alec Templeton.

MSchappler

It is working as designed.

The first time you access an application database from a workstation you are asked for the application database password for that user. Once correctly entered, the password is retained in the workstation database for access the next time you wish to enter that application database. The key password is the workstation password which always is prompted for.

Each user should have their own workstation database accessing the appllication databases they are allowed to enter. This can be done in the same NV2 folder or you can subfolder the user workstation databases.

See the NewViews 2.0 Manual > The Workstation > Workstation Passwords and also Running more than one workstation for more information.

Regards to all

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.