Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    CHerriot
    Participant

I receive an “unknown error” whenever I try to print after installing the v.205 update.

CHerriot
    Participant

The print error that arises after installation of v.2.05 says “Error 0x80020005(unknown error)”

Attempts to print all result in this error.

MSchappler

An update to correct this problem will be ready for download tomorrow. NV2 2.05 Service Pack 1.

Regards,

Martin

CHerriot
    Participant

Thank heavens. Can you advise whether the data I’ve entered using 2.05 will still be retrievable after the update. I’d hate to waste another night entering stuff and then discover that it is un-usable.

By the way, the scroll function still doesn’t work correctly. In some windows, you can scroll up, but not down. On others, you can’t scroll at all with the mouse.

MSchappler

The service pack update will correct the printing problem you have. Your data is fine.

As for the scrolling problem, perhaps you should send me a copy of your NV2 workstation and application database for review. You can email me at schapple@qwpage.com for instructions on how to send the information.

Regards,

Martin

CHerriot
    Participant

Where would I find the service Pack 1 update to v 2.05 that was to be available today?

MSchappler

It will be on our web page today at http://www.qwpage.com. Look at the Breaking News section of the page.

Regards,

Martin

CHerriot
    Participant

Thank you. I shall look forward to the patch with simian intensity.

I probably should start a new thread for this question but is there a way to get the notes to print on the same report as an account report? In the good old days of NV1, there used to be a choice to have the notes appear as either footnotes or imbedded within the report itself.

Thanks

MSchappler

Yes, this would be nice. I’ll have it added to the list of things to add.

Regards,

Martin

CHerriot
    Participant

The print problem that arose after the installation of 2.00 has returned in 2.05. All attempts to print are met with “0x8002005″ {unknown error}” messages.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

MSchappler

Do you have NV2 version 2.05 service pack 1 installed? Is this on your desktop machine or laptop? Click the Help > About menu to verify under NewViews Program.

If you have 2.05 service pack 1 installed, what are the steps you are doing to get this error to occur?

Regards,

Martin

CHerriot
    Participant

I found what was causing the error. I had another application running that was using Excel. Once I closed the other application, NV worked fine and could print without the error popping up. I apologize, I meant to post this information last night.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.