Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RTaylor
    Participant

I have a customer using NewVIews. When printing, a blank page is inserted between each printed page. Is there a setting to turn this off or is it another issue?

Customer also mentions about system freezing on occasion.

He’s running Windows 2000 on Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 512 Ram

Are there some optimal settings for memory management?

DEholnikof
    Participant

RTaylor wrote:
    > I have a customer using NewVIews. When printing, a blank page is inserted between each printed page. Is there a setting to turn this off or is it another issue?

Depends . . . . it could be one of several things inside or outside of NewViews. Ah – check the first line of his NewViews print driver. Most likely it has OF – put it to “blank / null”

Also you might want to check the page length of what you’re trying to print. If it is an invoice longer than 1 page, it will always kick out an extra page.

> Customer also mentions about system freezing on occasion. He’s running Windows 2000 on Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 512 Ram Are there some optimal settings for memory management?

Don’t take this the wrong way – Welcome to Windows !! Uh, let me pick a list of several thousand reasons why his system could freeze
    1 . . . 2 . . . .

Hope this helps
    David

HMah
    Participant

I’ll bet you have a Laser or Inkjet printer. If that is the case check your print options. Page Length should be 60, not 66.

As David mention check the length of your templates, they also must be set to 60 not 66.

When does the freezing happen? Need more info.

DEholnikof
    Participant

HMah wrote:
    > As David mention check the length of your templates, they also
    > must be set to 60 not 66.

Henry

I have found some printers to require larger margins – so for testing I begin at 55 lines, and then increase.

David

HMah
    Participant

You could be correct David, but I’ve found 60 has solved the problem in most cases.

When you get the printer to print one page correctly, remember to print two or more pages at one time to see that they all align correctly.

RTaylor
    Participant

Thank you for all your help and suggestions. Henry gets the “solved the problem” award.

Although this is a dot matrix printer, and any memories I have for DOS has a page length of 66 lines, it was setting it to 60 lines that solved the problem.

My next challenge was getting account numbers to print in the cash statment, but this was solved by setting Columns to 90 (from 80).

As for the freeze ups, I noticed that whenever NV opened a set of books it pegged the processor at 100%. I turned off key polling in the options menu of NV, this solved the 100% issue.

I then right clicked the shortcut icon on the desktop and set memory to run in protected mode and gave it lots of memory to run in by changing settings from auto.

All seems well.

Thanks again.

HMah
    Participant

Another option to have reports print account codes is to include the Acct as part of the description.

Example: Enter description as: 5020.2 Bank Charges

The draw back is when you have “All Accounts” listed, you cannot move to the Description column and type the description to find the account (unless you use Text for account codes, ie: BC for Bank Charges).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.