Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MGindi
    Participant

dear sear
    i just bought the nv 2
    i am printing invoice ,and i want the “comments” line to apear also in the invoice printing , how can i do it ?

MSchappler

The comment lines of the details window of the invoice can be printed by choosing the correct template that supports the field ITEM_DESCRIPTION. There are many templates to choose from:

The following template will print the comment details on the invoice:

object/newviews/deluxe_invoice_080625.xls

The followig template will print the cross account description on the invoice:

object/newviews/deluxe_invoice_1_080625.xls

Notice the difference between the template names. The _1 indicates cross account descriptions. If you are using a different template when printing invoices, issue Print > Invoices and then next to the value field of Template press F3 (to pick) a suitable template. Seach the list of the available templates and choose the appropriate one.

If you are using a customized the template, change the field in Excel by first opening the template in Excel and then issue Inter > Name > Define and remove the slot Item_AccountDescription and add Item_Description in it’s place.

Regards,

Martin

MGindi
    Participant

dear martin or any one who can help me
    i need a template of invoice who can print almost alll field
    the temlate that you refered me to “08625” is printing
    the “comments colum but not printing other colums like the item and description
    for me it is important to have on the invoice
    1.item name
    2. item decription
    3.comments
    4.qty
    5. u.price
    6.amout
    please any body can give me good solution
    any other softwear has very easy way to print invoices as needed
    i like this softwear i want to use it .
    m.gindi

MSchappler

The template deluxe_invoice_1_080625.xls prints the following items in the body of invoice:

Item Quantity
    Item Description
    Unit Price
    Amount
    Running Balance

If you wish to add the:

Item Name
    Comments

Open the deluxe_invoice_1_080625.xls template in Excel and add the following slot names in separate columns:

Item_Account
    Item_AccountDescription

Save the template by clicking File > Save As > Name your Template and when issuing Print > Invoices in NV2 change the template name by pressing F3 to pick.

See the NewViews 2.08 Manual under Printing > Printing Documents > Document Templates > Names By Document Type > Invoice Template Cell Names.

Also see Printing > Printing Documents > Document Templates > Naming Cell in Excel for information on adding additional slot names to your template.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.