Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TThibodeau
    Participant

Printing T4’s has a problem with excel 2010.

Most of the fields one number is cut off.

For example, 10008.10 the 8 is masked by the vertical line at the decimal point to the point that it looks like a 6.

Office 2003 works fine. The only workaround that I could find is changing the font in all boxes from size 11 to 12. This setting moves the decimal point to the vertical line. I have tried this with version 2.193 to the one that was released today.

Cheers
    Thomas

MSchappler

Hello Thomas,

Try the same experiment with the released 2.20.2 update. It may print slower with Excel versions 2007 and above but it should respect the template fields.

You can speed up the printing to Excel by adding the following to your Icon startup command line:

-template_print_speedup

This will not speed up Excel versions 2003 and prior.

Regards to All,

Martin

TThibodeau
    Participant

Hi Martin

I have tried printing with nv2.202 with office 2003 and 2010. I do not have access to 2007 today.

Printing with office 2003 windows XP sp3 system
    Template t4_2010_gray_pdf.xls

The digit to the left of the decimal is not distorted. The decimal point is about half a character space to the right of the vertical line.

Using speedup command.

The digit has moved one quarter of a character space to the right. The lines of the box are not as dark. The vertical line just touches the side of the digit. (8)

Printing with Office 2010 Windows 7 64 bit
    Template t4_2010_gray_pdf.xls

The digit to the left of the decimal Has move more to the right then any of the 2003 printing. The decimal point is about 3 quarter of a character space to the right of the vertical line.

Using speedup command.

Opposite effect of 2003. The digit has moved to the left and the line is just touching.

These test were done with bullzip pdf printer drivers.

From previous test this printer driver was equal to printing to an HP laser printer.

Thanks for the Nova Scotia payroll fix.

Regards
    Thomas

MSchappler

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information.

For all users using the templates, it is always wise to review the templates first before you print them to paper. Adjust them as you see fit and remember to rename your altered template to a unique name as NV2 updates will overwrite the stock names that we use.

Excel is a difficult beast to tame!

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.