Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SKoning
    Participant

Can anyone explain to me how to print the date on a cheque (using the PRTCHKS procedure) in mmddyyyy or ddmmyyyy format as required by the new Canadian Payments Association standards?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Koning
    Calgary

CGolden
    Participant

For anyone else wondering what Steve is referring to, copy the following link into your Internet browser.

http://www.cdnpay.ca/news/new_cheque_specs.asp

The new regulations do not come into effect until December 2006. We will have a solution before then.

SKoning
    Participant

Unfortunately, I’m running out of cheques and have to have new ones printed in the next couple of weeks. It shouldn’t be difficult to fix – all it needs is a couple of extra template slots for a cheque date formatted as “ddmmyyyy” and “mmddyyyy”. Right now the PRTCHKS procedure uses the date format on the Odds and Ends document – none of which are in the required format.

SPandya
    Participant

Can anybody help me with changing the date format now? It is almost the time to get the new format of cheques and we still do not have a solution!

HMah
    Participant

Date format does not have to be changed till the end of the year. QW Page has already made the date change for the Accrual payroll and will have the PRTPAY & PRTCHKS completed before the required date.

MSchappler

A productivity disk update for the new cheque specifications will be available from our web site within the next two weeks.

When it is ready, you will see an announcement under the breaking new section on our web page at http://www.qwpage.com.

Regards,

Martin

SPandya
    Participant

Martin mentioned that a Productivity disk update will be announced in 2 weeks.

It is 3 weeks now and I have still not seen the announcement on the website.

Any news would be welcome as we are almost out of our cheques now.

With Regards

SRobertson
    Participant

So what is the status if this? I want to get this change done soon, well before July 1. Thanks.

SRobertson
    Participant

Please disregard my previous post. I have ordered the PD and the library update.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.