Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I am just wondering how come NewViews is not present in Quebec. I have ben using NewViews for a long time (since 1988). I was in Ontario for many years. I have been back in Quebec for six years now and I still fail to see anyone using nv.

Is there a reason why you are not here? When I see people using Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and other similar products I tell them how nv is different and so much better in my opinion.

Just curious!

MSchappler

We have a lot of Quebec users and we have an Ottawa office that provides training and consulting to many of our Quebec users.

Many of the Quebec Accountants / Consultants that promoted NewViews in the past had retired or had moved on to a Windows based products when the Windows version of NewViews was being developed. Now that there is a Windows version, we are moving steadily towards a greater presence within Quebec.

I hope this helps in answering your question.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

I have to point out a few things here (comments based on my personal experience with NewViews):
    – Ottawa is not in Quebec.
    – Your software is not available in French.
    – French accented characters cannot be used in nv2.
    – I have had some issues with the French version of Excel.

Thank you!

MSchappler

The Windows version of NewViews currently does not support the Universal Coded Character Set or Unicode. This character set will be implemented in a future release of NV2 which will allow all accented characters.

Yes, the NV2 manual is in English but you may be able to convert the manual to French using online utilities. The F1 key for Help will always display the English manual.

The English version of Excel is currently supported and perhaps in time NV2 will support the French version of Excel.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.