Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    FMucklo
    Participant

Does anyone know if it is possible to show only active accounts in the accounts payable and accounts receivable views? I have several hundred inactive accounts after many years of using New Views. It would be nice to have a switch to turn active and all accounts views on and off.

JMacNeil
    Participant

I would like to know the same about the payroll, it would be nice to show only active employees, as for some of our clients the list can be quite long

MSchappler

Create a sub-folder for your inactive AP Vendor and Employees.

For Accounts Payable, click the Accounts > Folder Management Tab and add a new line. Under Type Select Folder (F3) and Name the Description to Inactive. Cursor off of the new line inserted and you will notice a subfolder below Accounts Payable (NewViews > Account > Accounts Payable). Move the inactive accounts under the Folder Description to the Inacative sub-folder by pressing F3 and select List. Move multiple Vendors, block the vendors and set the Folder description to the Inactive destination and then use Tools > Fill Column.

For Employees, select Advanced > Sub Payrolls > Folder Management from NewViews > Payroll > USA / Canadian Payroll and add a new line. Move the inactive employees from the current folder to the target (Inactive) folder by selecting the Employee > List Tab. Press F3 under the Payroll Column and select the target folder. Use Tools > Fill Column to move multiple inactive employees.

Regards to All,

Martin

FMucklo
    Participant

Thanks Martin, I will try this latter today.

JMacNeil
    Participant

Thank you, We will try it later as well

JMacNeil
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for the tip, I have created the subfolder and moved my inactive AR accounts into the folder. The problem is we need the ability to search by description, and when we do that, it brings all the inactive accounts back in. You cannot use the “control click” on the description column without the old accounts reappearing. I tried to use the sort id, which does remove them, but as soon as you click on the description, they are all back. What am I doing wrong? PS it works great for inactive employees. Appreciate your help.

FMucklo
    Participant

I had the same problem. Solved it by creating another sub-folder for active and current accounts. Then I added all the active accounts to that folder and now the description sort works fine.

TThibodeau
    Participant

The way I set it up for clients is to create 2 sub folders. One active and one inactive.

Move all active accounts to active folder and all inactive accounts to inactive folder.

select AR folder you get all accounts depending on index, select active you only get active accounts.

There is a good description in the help files. Search for “index sort closure”.

Cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.