Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EBennett
    Participant

I would like to use the Show X function as described on the website under Tips and Tricks.

It states “The red arrow below is pointing at the maximize/restore button that will expose the third window pane. The third window pane observes the position of the cursor position in the middle pane.”

This maximize/restore button is not displayed – not on my journals or on any other window. I checked under User/Administrator/Options and I could not find a setting for “Explorer Window Control”.

Thank you
    Liza

MSchappler

I suggest that you double click on the line to view the window below to show you the transactions deatils.

Click the X Button to close the window.

Regards,

Martin

EBennett
    Participant

This only seems to work in the journal view.

Is there a way to view the cross account in any other views?

For example: from the ledger of an expense account to see the invoice it originated from?

EBennett
    Participant

Clarifying:

To see the invoice in the payable account where the expense originated. NOT the purchases journal. This is the actual cross account that appears in the entry in the expense account.

MSchappler

Sorry No.

The SHOWX feature shows you the cross accounts from the journals only.

You can press the F9 key on the Accounts Payable account (in the details window) which will take to you to the journal and if you press F9 again, you will move the NV2 window to the expense account.

Another alternative is to create a new windows explorer that creates a new master window to which to you can review transactions/reports in two separate windows. Click from the menu bar > Windows > New Database Explorer to create this second window. Shrink both window explorers to fit your screen and then altenative bewteen these two window explorers to view transactions.

Regards to All,

Martin

EBennett
    Participant

“You can press the F9 key on the Accounts Payable account (in the details window) which will take to you to the journal and if you press F9 again, you will move the NV2 window to the expense account.”

Yes this works, but then you can’t get back to the AP account using the same key.

I miss the cross account function from NV1 where you could go easily back and forth directly. Ah well, the cost of progress! LOL

Thanks.

MSchappler

The upcoming release of NV2.26.0 will allow to you to go to the cross account from the AP Vendor account using F9 or Ctrl F9 and bypass the journal which position your cursor in the expenses account.

The current beta version I have uses the Ctrl F9 keys to move to the crosss account but I think the F9 key by itself is a better choice. For other users that are used to reviewing the journal first the Ctrl F9 will work the same as F9 currently does in NV2 version 2.25.5 and prior.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.