Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

When I am in my reports(under the tree explorer ‘Reports’; of which I have approximately 15, the following occurs:

I set the income statement single period report to Start at October 1st and end October 31st. I also sort the income statement by line# as it is consistent to how I like to view it.

When I go to the balance sheet, I am interested in seeing a balance as of September 30, 2007, so I set it to that date; however when I go back to the income statement a few minutes later, the income statement setting have now changed to September 30, 2007; which is consistent with the balance sheet.

The other issue that I see, which never happened in 2.08 is that when I go to a 3rd report, I like to view that sorted by ‘NAME’; howveer I go back to my income statement a few minutes later and that too is sorted by name instead of by line number, as I had previously set it.

It seems as if the setting for all reports are global to the entire REPORT section, and will be shared amongst all reports even though I have difference pregerences for each type of report. I did not have this issue in 2.08.

Any suggestions, ideas, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

MSchappler

Yes there is now one setting that is global for all Reports, Accounts, and Journals (which are classes within the books). The windowing structure of these classes are fewer than there were in 2.08 which makes a Default Setup run faster and if needed to run again it perform the default setup task at about one third the time it did in 2.08.

To overcome your problem, go to your Balance Sheet amd set the Report as you would like to see it and then press F11 which will display the Define Columns window. Click the new button and add a description in the Current Settings field and press enter to Save. To this for your other reports.

Once done, you can click the account button and you will see your custom report description appear in the list. Click on it to restore your setting for that report.

Account, Journal, and Payroll will have have it’s own settings that are not shared with Report so you can customize each class un the NewViews Folder.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Thanks..that works…a litlle awkward..but ok

I tried to make the ‘folder column smaller’ in that report setting; when I go into another and go back to the newly saved report….the folder column shows up entirely, where I just previously set it not to be as wide.

???

MSchappler

Set the settings to the repport as you wish it. Then save it and then move to your next report to see the crrent setting and then adjust it by your saved setting.

Regards,

Martin

RLauria
    Participant

I find that the global settings for all reports more of a nuisance than anything else. Having to set up a new view of reports wouldn’t be so bad if the report settings were retained when returning to them. As it is now, all reports have their settings set to the one that was last used. Income statement reports become balance sheet reports and vice versa.

MSchappler

If you want your Reports to behave like version 2.08, go to the report and right mouse (blue table) click Tools > Script Evaluate > plus on NV20.EXE > Object > System > Gui > desktop_create.qw_script.

Remember a Window > Default Setup will return the Window to normal 2.09 settings.

Regards to All,

Martin

RLauria
    Participant

Thanks, but I after I select the desktop_create.qw.script I get an error message “The desktop_create script must be run from a desktop”.

MSchappler

You need to right mouse click on the top blue table of the report.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.