Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BMiller
    Participant

We have 3 workstations, 2 of them are having difficulty starting from time to time. As far as I recall, this started on or about version 2.25.x. We are currently on 2.25.4

We have not had this problem since day one, and the hardware has remained the same.

We called in about the first one, had an intial discussion with support, were told it was your busy season, and never heard back.

I reviewed some of the Windows 7 logs, and it looked as though it was having difficulty with filename tclxxx.tmp in the temp directory. The xxx would change each time.

If I clear out the temp directory, which is located in c:temp, NV2 will start.

A second machine started to exhibit this same behaviour yesterday. Purging the temp directory got us going again.

It did it again this morning, and I deleted only the tclxxx.tmp files. It still would not start. I then deleted the 35 new tclxxx.tmp files that had been created, as well as the qwpage directory.

It would then start for me.

What information do you need from me to troubleshoot this problem? I could write a batch file to clear the temp directory each morning, but think the problem lies in the programming somewhere. Maybe as we are not using the ‘default’ directory for temp.

Regards
    John Miller

MSchappler

Right mouse click on the NV2 Workstation Icon and select Run As Administrator.

Click OK and this should allow your to enter the NV2 workstation.

Once done, close the NV2 workstation and double click on the NV2 Workstation normally and you should be able to enter the NV2 Workstation and Books.

Regards to All,

Martin

BMiller
    Participant

Thanks Martin,

It’s on an XP Pro machine, and the user is set as an administrator. I did although, right click, and ran as that user. It did start without any issues. Hopefully it works again on Monday.

Regards
    John

BMiller
    Participant

Hi Martin,

It’s still having the same problem starting.

If we run this batch file, it starts okay.

cd c:
    cd temp
    cd qwpage
    del /q *.*
    cd bin
    del /q *.*
    cd..
    rd /q bin
    cd ..
    del /q tcl*.tmp
    rd /q qwpage
    exit

I’ve tried deleting only the tcl files, and only the directory, but both of them need to disappear.

Regards
    John

MSchappler

Hello John,

Call me to resolve your issues.

Call the Q.W. Page Support line at 905-946-9460.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.