July 9, 2005 at 7:06 am #11414HMahParticipant
Someone else should start a thread of things they Like About NV2.
1. Simplify the Right Click feature:
– Eliminate File, Window and Help. These can be accessed at the top.
– I don’t like the fact that if All the +’s are opened you cannot see all the choices, nor is there a scroll bar. Suggest that as with the top have the Options for each item appear automatically to the right as the mouse stops at an item. At Edit, you would see: Copy, Cut, etc appear to right.
– Unsure if I like the Rt box reappearing as last represented. Think I’d prefer it revert to just main choices, especially if choices would appear without having to click +.
– Have the options dissappear as mouse moves off the item, main items remain.
– Limit the Rt Click main items. Suggest just Key activities: Block, Print,
GoTo, View, CalculateRun, Edit …
– the Full choices would be available from the Top toolbar.
– “Blocking” is a KEY function in NV. Simplfy the process by using the Windows method. Hold mouse on Line number and drag down to block rows or same with columns. Even Click, hold Shift key and Click.
– Have blocked area dissappear if you click off the area.
– Add the feature of holding Ctrl key and Click selective rows or columns (would add to items already blocked)
– Click on “LineV” to block all
– Combine the Default Value with Edit.
– Get rid of the two Delete choices and only have one. What about using the Delete Key? (although you may have to add a prompt).
– Anyone else confused about Get, Set, Clear and Pick, Clear? There is also a Block Clear.
– Combine actions (ok, I’ve said before), ie only have one Copy, Delete, Move, Clear and these actions would work for each situation. I’d leave then under Edit.
– What is the GoTo Active item?
– Put all “Procedures” or those type of nv2 choices under “Tools” or what I called CalculateRun above.
– What’s the purpose of additionals Rt Click boxes if you keep adding them in the boxes which appear?
2. Drop Arrow on Report, Account & Posting.
– Put the “Default” or Normal screen as the 1st item. For example: Vendor Account Setup is the normal so make it the first item when you click the Dn Arrow, same with Posting Explorer.
– Maybe I should have asked What is the Default screen? When I look at AR Customer Information Views, it looks like the nv1 Setup View. However when I look at AP Customer Information Views it is completely different from the AR.
I realize every user can define what columns they want to see, but we should set a Common Default (whether they want to use it or not) so new users or people who are trying to learn the program can always get to a familiar screen. That rule should apply to each area in nv2.
There is no way Basic or New users will understand that selecting the same view for different reports will not show the same information. Worse if the selected view changes every time someone modifies the columns and they can’t easily go back to something normal such as the nv1 Setup View.
3. Date Columns:
– Where a date is in a column heading, ie: Account/AR-Invoice Aging column shows “Total Due At 09 Jul 2005”, allow user to TYPE in the date they want in the heading. They would click on the heading and type “3006, Enter” to see Jun 30 2005 (not having to type year is it already shows).
– Date input should be available for each column where dates are displayed, without having to go to a screen input area (ie: Account/AR Multiple Period Analysis screen, allow user to input dates in column headers directly).
Post Edited (07-09-05 12:30)July 11, 2005 at 1:45 pm #12943
I see that you are now getting into NV2. I’m glad I’m not the only one with “suggestions for improvements”. If this forum is to be useful, QW Page should be happy that we are commenting on the functionality and useablity of the product. We are trying to make it better for everybody. Their replies seem to be a little testy. Too bad that we are just users and not software engineers.July 11, 2005 at 6:53 pm #12944HMahParticipant
It seems that most nv2 users are phoning QWP when they have problems or questions (as I often do). QWP is also heavy into the training sessions and hopefully busy upgrading nv2.
However, by posting in the forum, it allows others to benefit from the answers and get a feel for how nv2 works (or dosen’t).
I’ve also tried to post from the point of view of my users. Most are extremely busy (posting from 500 to 2000 transactions per day), limited in their accounting and computer skills, and not interested in most of the advanced options which nv2 offers.
Before they convert, they expect nv2 to function as easy as nv1, increase their productivity, and be easy to learn.December 8, 2005 at 8:14 pm #13154RHoldenParticipant
invoice/order Aging views
It would be nice if you could change the date at which the aging begins instead of it assuming the current dateDecember 9, 2005 at 1:01 pm #13156
Click on the system folder at the bottom of your tree explorer.
Plus on User and click on the appropriate user. Click on the window select button and chose Options. You will see Report as of date on the last row of this table. Enter the date you want to have your aging begin at.
MartinDecember 14, 2005 at 3:35 pm #13157
When you “copy” a block like 12 monthly 1st of the month entries for this year, and the go to paste the block you cannot change the dates or amounts in the “paste screen”. I would like to use this year’s 2005 block of entries to paste into next years 2006 entries. This would save a lot of imput time.December 15, 2005 at 12:36 pm #13158
Block the entries and then right mouse and click on Block > Copy. Save it to a setting of your choice and press enter or click Copy.
To paste, right mouse click on Block > Paste and choose the setting previously saved (if it doesn’t appear). Although you can not change the amounts you can change the the date of the final entry by typing in the date at the bottom of the Paste Transactions window by typing in 02012006 (for January 2, 2006) and press enter.
MartinDecember 15, 2005 at 3:31 pm #13159
Martin, that works if you want the same date on all of the block items, but I would like to change the dates on differnt lines of the block being pasted. If I have a block with the first date of 01012005, the next at 01022005, and so on for 12 months, and I want to paste this block to use for the next year with the first item starting at 01012006, the next at 01022006, and so on I would have to be able to edit the “paste block” that I saved.
FrankDecember 15, 2005 at 7:02 pm #13160RHoldenParticipant
A Viewer/Read only application for the books would be ideal. We have several clients that have only one person who does data entry, but multiple other people who look at the books or print reports but never do any entry. Unfortunately, because occasionally the books will be viewed by multiple people they need the client-server setup, and the non-entry employees still need a workstation license which ends up being quite costly for someone who only wants view/print capabilitiesDecember 21, 2005 at 11:00 pm #13165
For now you will have to Block > Copy the transaction on the same date in order to do the Block > Paste. Then do the editing within the pasted transactions.
We will be offering Block Paste whereby you can edit the Block Paste screen. This will be made avialable in a future update.
MartinDecember 27, 2005 at 11:40 am #13166GSullivanParticipant
When inserting a line it would be nice if it defaulted to the first available changeable field instead of the line, one less keystroke.
GenevaDecember 28, 2005 at 12:32 pm #13169
I’ll forward your request.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.