Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PSaikaley
    Participant

Is there a template for printing T4 Summaries in NV2?

Also is payroll report the equivalent? And if it is, it’s requesting a template to output to screen or printer.

Perry Saikaley..

MSchappler

Perry,

The T4 Summary can be printed from the T4 List selection. Next year there will be a clearer script to print the T4 Summary information like there was in NV1.

Use the T4 List window selection from your employees table and also use Payroll Report to report ,issing information from the T4 List. Press F3 in the value field for template and choose Payroll_CA_Advanced_3.xls as the te,plate. Add the slot variable ITEM_EIE in a separate column for EI Insurable Earnings and at the bottom of the column EIE for the total Insurable Earnings.

Regards,

Martin

PSaikaley
    Participant

Thank you Martin again. Btw,I also noted,if you do a text search in the Nv2manual for “T4 Summary” there are no topics found.

I found this to be odd. I know this application is used globally but I assume more in Canada and the U.S. There is more topics shown for Revenue Canada.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in the process of producing T4’s using NV2 for the first time. My T4 Summary List looks fine and has correct totals at the bottom and my T4’s look good. When I did the setup to print a T4 Summary, the accounts preselected seemed fine. However the T4 Summary does not pick up the employee’s withheld EI, CPP and taxes. The employer contributions and total remittances are correct. All of these items come from the same report so beyond reselecting the accounts, I do not know how to correct this.

Has anyone else reported this problem?

MSchappler

Go to your Payroll Withholdings report and select Accounts > Setup. Set the employee withholding accounts under the ledger indexed columns to Yes. They are currently blank. Once the ledger indexed is set to Yes then run T4 Summary again.

This problem was corrected in the latest service pack of 2.16 which is service pack three. I suggest that you download and install it on your system(s).

Regards to All.

Martin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Martin. That’s much better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.