Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AGiglio
    Participant

Can I use an existing set of NV2 books as a template for another set of books to avoid the setup process in the new books?

Thank,
    Art.

MSchappler

You can copy the database files from the current folder to a new folder and then in your workstation insert a new line and choose the path to the new folder.

Go into the new books in NV2 and then right mouse click Tools > Script Evaulate

an explorer tree will be displayed. Find the script

database_id_set.qw_script

which is located in C:/NV2/NV20.exe/System

Note: C:/NV2/ is the NV2 installation folder/directory. Substitute this path tp where you have installed NV2. For example, if installed in N:NV run the script database_id_set.qw_script which will be found in:

n:/nv/nv20.exe/System

Note, any transactions that where present in the original books will appear in these new books.

In a future release of NV2 there will be a method to create a template of an existing set of books based on an existing set of books without transactions like there was in NV1.

Regards,

Martin

AGiglio
    Participant

I ran the script and get the error that the database must be closed.

Art.

Randy Walton
    Participant

Hi Art,

I believe that you must run the script from the workstation not while you are in the books. In the workstation with no set of books open, right click then select Tools, Script Evaluate. Find the script in the location described by Martin in the previous post (database_id_set.qw_script which is located in C:/NV2/NV20.exe/System Note: C:/NV2/ is the NV2 installation folder/directory. Substitute this path tp where you have installed NV2. For example, if installed in N:NV run the script database_id_set.qw_script which will be found in: n:/nv/nv20.exe/System). You will then be prompted for the location of the database you wish to reset the ID for.

MSchappler

Yes. The database must be closed.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.