Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RLangner
    Participant

I would like to print my Income Statement and Balance Sheet to Excel. The Manual indicates that I should find templates in nv2/object/newviews/nv2_table_template.xls, but they are not there. Also, there are no templates in the folder “Screen”. The templates found in the folder Print_Templates are for Cheques, Statemnts, Invoices, etc., but not for financial reporting.

Is there some way to find these templates?

Thanks,
    Ruth

MSchappler

Hello Ruth,

To print a financial statement, click on the Financial Report to Print and then menu select Print > All. When the displayed Print Settings window appears, set the destination (line 5) to display and then then click Pint (or F5) to display the report in Excel.

Regards to All,

Martin

RLangner
    Participant

Thank you Martin!
    Yes, I can print to Excel, but I thought if I had a template, the data would ‘export’ into the format that I use and I would not have to edit the document. For example, I do not want or need the first three columns; and I have to edit the column headings to delete ‘Index” “Type” “Tag” and “Nrep”.

Perhaps there is another way?

Bests regards,
    Ruth

TThibodeau
    Participant

Hi Ruth

I think what you need is to create a custom report.

If you tell us what columns you need we can probably tell you how to create it.

Regards
    Thomas

MSchappler

Hello Ruth,

Thomas is correct. You will need to create a custom report in NV2 to print to Excel.

Start by selecting the report you wish to print to Excel and then menu select from the blue report table Window > Define Columns. In the displayed window, click the New button and when prompted rename the current settings name to something unique and press enter. The new current settings name that you had entered will become your new Accounts > Report Name.

Remove the columns that are not needed by clicking on a value in the column and then press the Ctrl key and the delete key at the same time. Click the Delete Column button when prompted or Delete and Disable Prompt button (this will not prompt prompt you the next time you delete a column). Remove all of the columns you wish and then menu select Window > Define Columns and then press enter on your current settings name to save your changes.

By doing the above, you can now select the Accounts button to toggle between your custom report and the defaults NV2 provides.

Regards to All,

Martin

RLangner
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    Hmmm. That didn’t go so well. I created and named the Report as you described, then went back to the window and deleted the columns “Line” “Account Type” and “Name”. I returned to the Report and the setting that I named was not available.

Then I returned to the window and now all three columns are gone from all of my Reports. How do I restore these columns?

Thanks,
    Ruth

TThibodeau
    Participant

Hi Ruth

Go to your report that you lost the columns.

There should be a blue header bar at the top of the report .
    It should start with /REPORT/.
    Right click on the blue header, a pop up box should appear with the name REPORT DESKTOP MENU
    from the menu select WINDOW, then DEFAULT SETUP

This will reset all your reports to the default view.

Now that we are back to the default

From the account menu under the blue header bar select the setup view.

Now that you have the view that you want to modify while holding the CTRL key press f11

A popup window will appear “DEFINE COLUMNS”. At the top right of this window click on copy. You should now see that the current setting field has change to “copy (1) of Setup” . Type over this to rename to what ever you want to name this view. Hit enter and then close this window.

You should now see that the blue header bar will have the new name in it.

You can now delete the columns you do not want. And move the remaining columns by clicking in the column , holding the CTRL key and using the left and right cursor key to move the column.

When you want to go back to the default setup view , under the blue header bar click on accounts and select setup. You can always go back to your modified view by clicking on accouts and selecting the new view you created.

I hope I did not forget any steps.

Regards
    Thomas

RLangner
    Participant

Brilliant, Thomas. Your instructions were very clear. Thank you!

So, now if I can have only the date printing in the column header . . . and remove the ‘index’ ‘type’ ‘tag’ and ‘Nrep’, I should almost have a useable report for Balance Sheet and Income Statement! Any way to do this?

Many thanks!
    Ruth

MSchappler

Hello Ruth,

If you click the accounts button on your report table you will see the different reports names (for example Setup, Single Period Report, etc), did you name your new report to a different name?

Select the Accounts button and select Setup, the three columns you had removed should appear. The three columns are missing for that report you had created.

To restore your columns

I suggest that your perform a Workstation backup (File > Backup) on your workstation table and then on the report that you are missing the 3 columns, right mouse click on the report title bar and select Window > Default Setup and click OK to restore the Reports to the factory defaults.

I hope this helps,

Regards to All

Martin

Randy Walton
    Participant

Double-click on the date column header or press F11 and in the Title field (line 3) type %_begin to use the Begin Date from line 10 and/or %_end to use the End Date from line 11. You can also use n to start a new line. I.e.: Type the following in the title (line 3) without the quotes “For the period from %_beginnto %_end”. You can experiment with this until you get the title exactly as you want it and no more strange looking header when you print it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.