Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I have just setup a trial balance, but the total debits and credits do no match.

If I look at the report in Custom Analysis, Setup our Single Period, the Proof account = 0 (zero).

When I click on the Trial Balance tab, the debit total and the credit total do not match.

If I print the Trial Balance to Excel and I place a sum formula for the debit and credit columns, the 2 totals do match, but that total is different when compared to the two totals given by NewViews.

MSchappler

Check the Normal Representation column of your Trial Balance accounts and ensure that the Balance Sheet accounts are set to Perpetual and the Income Statement accounts are set to Periodic.

The Balance Sheet accounts should be totaling to the Proof Account at the bottom of the Trial Balance Report which must be set to Perpetual. The Income Statement accounts should be totaling to the opening Retained Earnings account which totals to the Proof account. This Opening Retained Earnings account normal representation must be set to Opening. Set the dates on the Trial Balance Tab to your Fiscal Year and then menu select Print > All and check your balances via Excel.

If you still do not balance, check the normal representation of your accounts again for errors and the totaling explained above.

A proper example can be found in the Canadian and U.S.A. demo books by select Demo Books from the NewViews 2.0 menu..

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

It all seems to be right, but the totals do not match.

I could send images, but it does not seem to be possible here.

MSchappler

I suspect that you have accounts that total to your Proof and Opening Retained Earnings accounts that are not appearing on your Trial Balance Report. Check NewViews > Account > Expense, General in the setup view to verify that accounts totaling to PROOF have the Report Name filled in.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

The trial balance report proof account is equal to zero, in all views: Setup and Multiple Period Analysis, with no date range or with various date ranges. All accounts do total the trial balance.

It is only when I use the Trial Balance Tab (View) that the totals do not match.

DJobin
    Participant

Just realized that “the Proof Account at the bottom of the Trial Balance Report was not set to Perpetual”.

It works now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.