Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BMartins
    Participant

I have a friend using NV1 who is computer illiterate and is unable to enter his computer in normal windows mode . I could get him to enter in safe mode but was unable to resolve the problem there.
    The problem is, when he trys to to leave NV the lock comand appears with a reference to data corruption and a yes/no answer. When you select yes it seems that the system reboots to the same question and if you selct no it returns to NV. Is there a simple solution?” OS is Win98.

Thanks,

Bernie

DEholnikof
    Participant

BMartins wrote:
    > I have a friend using NV1 who is computer illiterate and is
    > unable to enter his computer in normal windows mode .

Not to “nick-pick” but before you can expect any windows or nv programs to work correctly – Windows must work correctly.

I would strongly suggest that your Friend “repair” whatever the problems are. You must be able to enter windows in normal mode (for any version). it will be impossible for any one to help, prior to Windows working correctly. Then, I will be glad to help you find any answers – afterward.

Regards
    David

HMah
    Participant

Before any drastic steps are taken, BACKUP your NV data!!!!!!

If you cannot access Windows in normal mode, it will probably have to be re-installed (and you may have to erase or format the hard drive).

BMartins
    Participant

Thanks everyone, the data is backed up and we found a number of issues related to malware. Time to c:=formatgv

Bernie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.