Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

Is there any way of allowing people to have access to all journals and reports, except for only the income statement and balance sheet?

I know we currently only allow access to certain items for all our users; however for this particular user, they will need access to many many more items than our regular users.

Is there a simpler and less complicated way? I just seems a little confusing and difficult for new NV2 users to navigate easily.

MSchappler

You can allow the user access to all journals by choosing the following in the user’s Access tos under odb_path:

All Journals

/OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/JOURNAL

Reports

Accounts Payable

/OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/REPORT/AP

Accounts Receivable

/OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/REPORT/AR

and etc where each new line is a report.

Just do not allow access to the Balance Sheet and Income Statememt.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Will it show as a branch off to Reports? Or will it show it on its own…that’s how we see it now.

For example if I want all reports to be accessed to be shown under the ‘tree’; only allow access to 8 of 10 reports…will be be collapsable?

MSchappler

Each Item that you grant access to includes the item and its items below. If you choose /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/REPORT you are granting access to all reports and their sub folders.

By choosing /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/REPORT/AP you are granting access to the Report AP and its sub folders.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.