Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DBouchey
    Participant

I bought 3 licences for 2 workstations plus the server. I am not sure how to install on the server and other workstation or which comes first.

At present I am the sole computer with NV1 on it.

Post Edited (06-14-05 20:21)

MSchappler

Install the NV2 installation file you had downloaded on your two workstations and then on your server computer. When installing NV2 make sure your are the administrator for the machine and when installing choose the recommended installation for all users.

Once installed using the recommended option, your will have a new menu choice in your windows start > All Programs or Programs menu called NewViews 2.0. Under NewViews 2.0 there is Manual. Click Manual and plus on NewViews 2.0 Manual and then click on the plus next to Appendix B – NV1 Users.

I suggest that you read this section first.

Regards,

Martin

MSchappler

After you have read Appendix B – NV1 Users and have run ATYPE/TATYPE, NOTES2, NVEXPORT, and NV1 Import, see the documentation under the NewViews 2.0 Manual for The Server and The Workstation.

Regards,

Martin

DBouchey
    Participant

Thank you. It took 3 days to convert my workstation.

I have not registered it yet because it is on a workstation for testing only before I change over the entire office. I found that I was unable to figure out how to navigate around the program easily.

I have been using NV1 for 6 years. Where is the menu that replaces the / key? I also am concerned I could not find the cross journal entries for each a/p previously posted. All I could see was the supplier and each invoice total.

deb

MSchappler

On the right pane window (explorer), you use your mouse to navigate within your NV2 books. If you click on NewViews > Accounts > Accounts Payable – you should see a listing of your AP Vendors (top right Blue table). Under the blue table (if you click on a particular vendor), you will see a green table (Vendor ledgers). Clicking on a particular ledger will show you the associated distributions (pink table) that make up that ledger. Click on a distribution item and press F9 will place in you in the cross account of that distribution (in NV1 this would be GOX).

Each window can be maximized/minimized by clicking the maximize/minimize button on the right side of each window. The F7 key maximizes the actibve window and F8 restores all windows on your screen. See Help KeyBoard (keystrokes ALT HK) for more information.

Regards,

Martin

DBouchey
    Participant

Thanks Martin, I will give it a go again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.