Using Gmail Accounts With NewViews Email After May 30, 2022
As of May 30, 2022, Google no longer provides direct access to Gmail accounts using only a username and password, as is the case when you use NewViews to send email. There is a straightforward fix, however, that enables you to send email through NewViews using your Gmail account while ensuring the account is protected with 2-step verification. To set this up, follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your Google Gmail account using your current password.
2. Click the account icon in the top right-hand corner (typically the initial of your first name), then select “Manage your Google Account”.
3. In your Google account, go to the “Security” options and turn on “2-Step Verification”.
4. You will be asked to provide a mobile phone number. Answer the other questions and follow the steps to authenticate your identity.
5. When you are done, select “Generate App Password” (note that you may have to sign in again and verify your identity).
6. When prompted to select the app and device, choose “Mail” for the app and “Windows computer” for the device, then click “Generate”.
7. Make note of the password, including the spaces. Consider printing the webpage and/or capturing a screen shot for easy reference, as you will need to enter it in NewViews.
8. In NewViews, select Tools > Email Setup from the menu.
9. Enter the new password (including spaces) provided by Google in the “Password” field. Once this has been done, you should be able to use NewViews to send email using your Gmail account as you did before.
If you require additional assistance, please contact our Technical Support team by calling 905-946-9460 and pressing 1 (a valid NewViews Support Plan is required).