Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    LChilds
    Participant

Good Day Martin,
    An update on the problem with PRTPAY. I began reviewing the source code for the PRTPAY subprocedures, namely ~RTPAY.1. I should point out that the program version number is 1.41b and the procedure library version is 12 for those who are interested.
    Because this seemed to be a discount calculation matter I reviewed the subroutine DISCOUNT in the ~RTPAY.1 subprocedure. At the bottom of the subroutine are two lines as follows:
    @sub IBal%=IBal%-IDisc%
    @sub IPaid%=IPaid%-IDisc%

I put an ! mark in front of the first line @sub IBal%=IBal%-IDisc% to remove it from the programming. I then ran further tests on using the Take Discounts function in PRTPAY and the running balance on the printed cheque stub was now correct and being calculated properly. I also ran tests not using the discount function and it seems to be functioning properly as well.

It would appear that removing that one line of code from the subroutine fixes the problem.
    Perhaps if anyone else has had the same problem they can try to do the same fix.
    Thanks
    LChilds

MSchappler

Pathes fix the NV1.NPL source which is called from the first line procedure, for PRTPAY it is:

@external(library=NV1,version=12,proc=51)

If this line begins with an exclmation mark (!) the line is commented out and the source code is read instead, no patch will fix the source code if it has been altered.

I’m glad you fixed you problem.

Regards,

Martin

GDewar
    Participant

I am trying to install NV Payroll for 2006. When I insert the disk, do G/R GETLIB, type in the path for A: drive, I get a message that the library can not be found.

I’ve done this procedure since getting the program in 1994. There is no support in my area from the company I bought it from because no one there knows the program & they no longer sell it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.