Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JMiller1
    Participant

We did not install 2.36.1 as I saw something about a problem, or thought I had, and we were too busy to chance the update at the time.

Just before Christmas, we were advised by tech support to do a reorg as we were experiencing an error with a particular entry. The reorg was done successfully on 2.35.latest. I forget the version.

It fixed the problem we had.

We have installed 2.36.2 now, for the payroll update.

Do we now need to run the Data Integrity procedure that was mentioned with 2.36.1?

Regards,
    John

MSchappler

Hello John,

You should perform Database Utilities at least once a month. Click the All Checks button to check the application database for Integrity errors. This procedure reports problems via web browser screen. Click the Reorganize Database button to fix the problems encountered from All Checks.

If you have more than one application database, perform this task for each application database.

If you wish to automate this task, you can create a script that will run this with the Windows Task Scheduler.. See Appendices > Appendix E – Miscellaneous Tops > Database Utilities for more details along with Appendices > Appendix D – Advanced Topics > Scheduled Tasks in the NewViews Online manual.

Regards to All,

Martin

JMiller1
    Participant

Thanks Martin,
    Can I run the checks on the server while there are workstations logged in?
    Regards,
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.